These Regulations govern the day-to-day operation of 10is Academy (the “Club”)
The Rules of 10is Academy allow the Management Committee (the “Committee”) to determine, implement and periodically update these Regulations.
The Regulations will be posted on the Club noticeboard, and displayed on the Club website.
All non-trivial changes to these Regulations will be notified to members.
Policies and Procedures
In addition to the Regulations in this document, the Committee will determine a number of important Policies and Procedures (the “Policies”).
These Policies form part of the overall Regulations of the Club, which all members are required to read and comply with.
The detailed Policies will be displayed on the website, with edited summaries displayed on the Clubhouse noticeboard.
These Policies will include, but are not restricted to the following topics:
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
- Risk Assessment
- Health & Safety
- Sun Safety
- Privacy & Data Protection
Safety & Security
The Committee takes reasonable steps to ensure that the Clubhouse, Car Park and Courts (the “Facilities”) are safe and secure.
Members play tennis at their own risk and are asked to apply common sense in looking out for themselves and other members at all times.
All vehicles must be driven at less than 5 miles an hour (walking pace) in the car park.
Members are encourged to reverse park in the car park to reduce the risk of an accident when reversing out.
Cars must not restrict access to the school playing field gates, which should be left clear for emergency access at all times.
The last person to leave the Courts should make sure that the gates are locked with the padlocks provided.
The last person to leave the Clubhouse should make sure that all heaters, taps, lights and floodlights are turned off, and the door securely locked.
- The membership year runs from 1 July to the end of June.
- Subscriptions shall be determined in May, and notified to all members at the start of June.
- All members are required to register through the Clubspark online system.
- The available payment methods are Cheque and Bank transfer.
- A member who has not rejoined by the 1st July is no longer a member until such point as they re-register and pay via Clubspark.
- Partial refunds will only be given to members who choose to leave the club in exceptional circumstances at the discretion of the 10is Academy Director.
- Cases where members seek to change membership category in the year (e.g. from Adult to Family) will be treated on a case-by-case basis.
Right to Play
Members may play on the 3 hard courts (the “Courts”).
Only current, registered and paid members are able to play on the Courts for free. Non-members can join the Social sessions for a fee of £3.00 paid in advance
The only exceptions to this rule are:
- Competitors playing in LTA registered Grade 3-6 events
- Competitors from other clubs playing in league matches against 10is Academy teams
- Pupils of the 10is Academy Schools during curriculum sports lessons, after-school training or school matches.
Members are allowed to introduce guests to the Club to play:
- Guests must be playing with a member of the Club
- Guests are required to observe all of the Rules of the Club
- Guests must be signed into the book in the Leisure Centre before play
- The host must pay £3 paid at the Leisure Centre's reception before play
- It is the responsibility of the host member to comply with these Rules
Court Allocation and Booking
Bookings for the Courts will be made and recorded on the Clubspark booking system.
Allocations will be given the following priority order:
- Club tournaments
- Club matches
- Club group coaching
- Private members play
- Private non-members play
The detailed rules for court booking and allocation are documented on the website, and will be updated from time to time by the Committee.
- No person may coach others for financial gain on any Court without the prior approval of the 10is Academy.
- No person may coach others for free on any Court without the prior approval of 10is Academy - At the exeption of a parent coaching its child.
- Paid coaches must be under contract with 10is Academy, LTA accredited and have been checked with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Use of the Facilities
- All events at the Club, both tennis and social, must be approved by the Leisure Centre.
- Smoking is not allowed on any part of the Facilities, including the Courts, Leisure centre and car park.
- Alcohol must not be sold on court or around the courts, nor consumed on court or around the courts.
- Any playing of music should be at a controlled level that does not annoy other users of the club or our neighbours.
- Live music is prohibited at all times.
- We do not hold a TV Licence, so the streaming of live TV on any device, including mobile devices, is not permitted at the Club.
- Players should comply with the principles of Respect and Fair Play, both on and off the Courts.
- Members, including juniors, should wear appropriate sports clothing and footwear when on court. STRICKTLY WHITE POLICY BETWEEN APRIL 01 AND AUGUST 31
- Children are not allowed on the Courts unless they are playing tennis.
- Take off the court everything you take on – including all balls, ball cans, ring-pulls, banana skins and general litter.
- Balls will be provided for Club sessions, team practices, tournaments and matches, and must be returned to the Leisure centre.
- Members should provide their own tennis balls for private games.
- Floodlights on the 3 courts are available for use by members at additional charge.
- Member must ensure they are familiar with the operation of the floodlights before use, and ensure they are turned off after play.