Health & Safety
Health & Safety
10is Academy is committed to ensuring the Health & Safety of our members and guests.
To support this aim, we have are committed to the following duties.
- Discuss Health & Safety matters as the first agenda item of all Committee meetings
- Appoint a competent club member to take the lead on Health & Safety responsibilities
- Undertake regular, recorded Risk Assessments of the club premises and activities undertaken by the club
- As far as reasonably practical, create a safe environment by putting measures in place as identified by the Risk Assessment
- Ensure that all accidents and injuries sustained during any club activity or whilst on the club premises are reported
- Provide access to adequate first aid facilities at the tennis club
10is Academy will carry out an annual risk assessment of the club facilities to identify potential hazards.
We will consider the results of the Risk Assessment at a Committee meeting, and implement appropriate actions to ensure that we maintain a safe environment for our members.
The risk assessment includes the following areas:
- Are the facilities and surrounding areas safe, free from obstacles, and suitable for the activity?
- Is the equipment fit and sound for activity and suitable for age and ability?
- Are performers appropriately attired for the activity?
- Do volunteers, staff, coaches and members have access to information relating to health and safety?
- Is the members register up to date with medical information and contact details?
Can emergency vehicles access the facilities?