Rules for playing safely (Covid-19)
When playing at Abercorn Sports Club we ask that you comply with Scottish Government guidance, specifically FACTS:
- Face coverings in enclosed spaces - these are not required while you play.
- Avoid crowded places – maintain 2m from other players and club users, where possible
- Clean your hands and surfaces regularly – use the alcohol based sanitiser
- Two metre social distancing – maintain this where possible
- Self isolate and book a test if you develop symptoms – please also let your opponent(s) know if you test positive in the SEVEN days after you played
If you feel unwell or have any Covid-19 symptoms, please do not enter the courts.
Tennis - Updated 12th March
- Doubles is permitted but please ensure you continue to maintain social distancing.
- Group coaching/organised activity is permitted for up to 15 people with no more than 2 coaches per court.
- Non-contact outdoor group sports for 12-17 year olds permitted (same as 11 yrs and under currently).
- There are some slight changes to travel restrictions:
- you should stay as close to home as possible, in line with current travel restrictions, and keep travel to a minimum
- Tennis activity can take place in your local authority area (or up to 5 miles from the boundary of your local authority area), but you should travel no further than you need to reach a place to play
- Some flexibility will be given to under 18s to travel across local authority boundaries to take part in sport. Further clarity on this will be provided when it is available
- People who are symptomatic should self-isolate for 10 days and household members for 10 days as per NHS guidance. No one who is self isolating should attend a sports facility/activity.
- No spectating should take place. Where attendance of a parent/guardian (non-participant) is required, or a carer for a disabled player, it is permitted and is not counted as part of the group activity, but should be off court and limited to one per player where possible, with physical distancing strictly observed while watching the sessions
No squash is allowed under tier 4 regulations.
Track and Trace
It is now mandatory for the club to gather details of all those who use our facilities whether it is inside or outside. Therefore please ensure:
- Your personal contact details are up to date on Clubspark.
- You book a court before playing, please do not turn up and play.
- The contact details for one member ie “lead booker” is sufficient but you will be required to provide contact info of who you played with if necessary for a period of 21 days.
- There are a lot of guidelines to stick to and everyone has a responsibility to ensure they are followed to protect the safety of everyone using our facilities and your co-operation is appreciated.
- The measures that we have put in place will be monitored daily. If you feel that there are things that need to be reviewed or measures that need to be included then please don’t hesitate to email [email protected] and we will act on this immediately.