COVID-19, returning to restricted play
With the welcome lifting of government restrictions on playing tennis the courts will be open from 29 March. Anyone wishing to play tennis must follow some safety rules. Most importanly you must:
- Book your court online (NB you will need to register, with your e-mail address, to be able to do this)
- Both singles play and doubles play are permitted with people from outside of your household, as long as you remain 2 metres apart where possible.
- If your court is sharing a set of balls as is most likely, extra care must be taken to ensure you do not touch your face during play. Players should avoid using their hands to pick up tennis balls from other courts where possible - use your racquet/foot to return them .
- Hand hygiene is imperative - use alcohol gel to clean your hands after touching a shared surface . Bring your own hand sanitiser to use before touching the gates on entry and exit
- The Clubhouse is open but only for the use of the toilets and lighting controls.
- Respect social distancing of 2m.
The full LTA guidelines to playing tennis safely at the moment can be found here