COVID-19, returning to restricted play
With the welcome lifting of government restrictions on playing tennis the courts are now open. Anyone wishing to play tennis must follow some safety rules. Most importanly you must:
- Book your court online (NB you will need to register, with your e-mail address, to be able to do this)
- Both singles play and doubles play is now permitted with people from outside of your household, as long as you remain 2 metres apart as far as possible. NB For doubles, consider agreeing in advance which player will take the shot if a ball travels to the centre of the court AND please stay as a four for the duration of your session, don't swap your place with someone else who may be on the other court.
- Players do not now need to use their own clearly marked tennis balls – however, if you choose to use shared balls then extra care must be taken to ensure you do not touch your face during play, and you should clean your hands before play and immediately after finishing (use alcohol gel if required). Players should still avoid using their hands to pick up tennis balls from other courts where possible - use your racquet/foot to return them
- Hand hygiene is imperative - use alcohol gel to clean your hands after touching a shared surface . Bring your own hand sanitiser to use before touching the gates on entry and exit
- The Clubhouse is closed.
- Respect social distancing of 2m.
The full LTA guidelines to playing tennis safely at the moment can be found here