Welcome to Alexandra Park
Alexandra Park Tennis
180 Russell Street, Moss Side, Manchester, M16 7JL
Alexandra Park is a great family park with many facilities to meet the needs of all visitors. These facilities include: Tennis courts, Multi use games area, Football pitches, Café, Toilets, Sports changing rooms, Childrens play area and a Fishing Lake.
The car park is in close proximity to the tennis courts which can be found on Russel Street, just off Princess Parkway. The courts are visible from the cafe and are also sign posted on the parks pathways.
The tennis courses are here to increase the participation in tennis and are available to all ages and abilities, whether you want to play casually, competitively or playing to keep fit. All the sessions are designed and structured by a qualified coach to make sure you getting a fun and fulfilled experience.
The available courses include:
- Tots Tennis
- Family Tennis
- Mini Red Tennis
- Mini Orange Tennis
- Mini Green Tennis
- Teens Tennis
- Tennis Xpress
- Tennis Tuesdays
- Advantage Tennis
Why not join the local Alexandra Park Tennis League?
This is how it works:
- Players are organised into groups of up to 8 people of a similar standard
- Contact details are emailed
- Players arrange their own matches
- It is a mixed sex, singles league, so men and women play each other
- You can play on any court that suits both players
The league is:
- For everybody!
- We welcome beginners as well as advanced players.
- Don't worry that you won't be good enough - playing matches is the best way to improve, and we use an online questionnaire to assess people's ability so you play only people of a roughly similar level
- Affiliated to the LTA For adults aged 18 years and above
- Matches are best of three sets; if a set reaches 6 games all it is decided by a tiebreak
- The evening before the round starts you will receive an email with all the contact details of the players in your group
- Players are placed in groups according to past performance in the league and, for new players, their Player Standard Questionnaire
- Each player attempts to play each of the other player on their group once during the round
- If you complete three matches before the midpoint of a round you receive 2 bonus points and a bonus prize (either a pair of Local Tennis Leagues dampeners, or a tube of tennis balls).
- The winner of the group is the player with the most points at the end of the round
- The winner of the group wins a certificate and tennis prizes
- Where possible, winners of groups are promoted to the group above for the next round.
please find the link below to direct you where to sign up for MCR Parks Tennis Leagues.
How to find us
180 Russell Street Moss Side Manchester Lancashire M16 7JL