The tennis courts are open!
It is essential that players observe the following requirements to minimise the risk of transmitting the COVID19 coronavirus. These measures have been developed in consideration of LTA guidance, and may be subject to change. Apologies for the formality, but these are really important, and must be observed at all times.
Rules for court usage
- We have introduced an online court booking facility on the website. Use of this tool will reduce waiting, and contact between groups. Members can still choose to just turn up and play - but those who pre-book have priority and may ask you to leave. The system is pretty painless.
- Maximum of two people per court (singles play only). Players can be from different household.
- The only exception to the above is where a group of four players are all from the same household in which case they can play doubles
- Please take hand sanitizer with you, and use it.
- Use your own equipment and balls (with initials). Don't share balls across households (server should play with own tennis balls only).
- Do not collect lost balls from Russell Court
- Don't go on to the neighbouring court while it is in use.
- Please observe social distancing while waiting for a court. No more than 2 people should be on the grass/clubhouse decking at any time. Please stand well back when people leave the courts. Alternatively please wait in your car or the car park.
- When playing singles against someone from another household, don't change ends (or change on the opposite sides of the net).
- Please try and finish playing slightly before the end of your pre-booked slot to minimise contact as you leave.
- Do not adjust the net
- Please review the LTA guidance
Also, the clubhouse remains closed and there are no toilet facilities at this time.