Tennis at BLTC during the pandemic
Wed, 07 Oct 2020 00:00
To all participants (and parents of juniors) at Bearsden Lawn Tennis Club. In accordance with the latest Government and LTA advice, we are allowed to play tennis! Courts 1, 2, 3, 4 and the mini-court are bookable using the Court Booking page on ClubSpark. Please conform to the following guidelines when you are playing:
- Both singles and doubles play are now permitted.
- Play is for members only.
- Hours of play 8.00am - 10.00pm.
- Courts must be booked online using ClubSpark, and can be booked up to 7 days in advance. Period of play: 50 mins + 10 mins for changeover.
- No drinking water is available at the Club. Players must bring their own water and remove all containers from the Club on departure.
- Court gates and the gate from the car park are to be left open.
- The clubhouse is available for entry to the accessible toilet only (and only one person in the clubhouse at a time).
- Before proceeding to your court, give the previous players time to vacate.
- Sanitize your hands with the spray at the gate before going onto court.
- Do not come to the club if you or anyone in your household has Covid-19 symptoms. You must self-isolate and follow Government guidelines.
- Players must not adjust or touch the net at any time. Nets are pre-set and the winding handles have been removed.
- Bring your own 3 tennis balls and mark them. Always serve with your own tennis balls.
- Do not share rackets. Use your own racket only.
- If you feel it is necessary to change ends, do so at the end of a set - but by different sides of the net.
- Don’t shake hands at the end of the game!
- Sanitize your hands with spray on leaving the court.
- Leave venue promptly remembering all equipment!