COVID-19 Local Procedures
The following local procedures to minimise the risks of COVID-19 are in force. Procedures 4 and 6 have recently been updated [9th September].
1. Doubles and singles play is now permitted on both courts.
2. All members must use the court booking system to book courts before playing at: https://clubspark.lta.org.uk/BidfordOnAvon
3. The first aid kit is now stored in a weather-proof box on court. This removes any need to access to the Clubhouse.
4. The clubhouse is closed: there is no access to toilets or hand washing facilities other than during junior coaching and during league matches.
5. Members are therefore recommended to bring their own gel sanitisers.
*6. From 6th July, the outside gate will be locked with a combination padlock. Members should lock this gate after playing if the other court is not in use. Please sanitise the bolt & padlock after use.
7. The nets have been set at the correct height and the handles removed.
8. Players should:
- clearly mark their tennis balls (e.g. with their initials)
- change ends with your opponent(s) at opposite ends of the net
- avoid touching tennis balls from the other court by hand – use racket or foot to return them.
9. Please adhere to the signage at the club.
NB. You should clean your hands before play and immediately after finishing (as per LTA link below).
There is now a santising gel dispenser attached to the outside wall of the clubhouse.
Please ensure you have read the LTA’s guidance for players and reviewed the key additions and updates indicated at
Many thanks for your cooperation
Bidford Tennis Club Committee
*Some text has been omitted