Aim for a high % of 1st Serves :
- More difficult to return in doubles (Server's partner at net).
- Receiver's mindset is more positive on second serve.
Target centre-line when serving to:
- Deuce Court and right-handler.
- Advantage Court and left-handed.
Use a 'Slice Serve' - not power serve (gives server more time to move towards net).
Net-player look to cut-off (poach) returns when partner serves down centre-line.
High % of returns to server, targeting:
- Junction of service line and singles side-line.
Less emphasis on playing winning returns, less space.
- Deep if server is not serving/volleying.
- To feet if they are moving forward.
Sliced forehand / backhands - not high top spin shots (easily cut off at net).
Aim to play 2-Up when possible - puts pressure on opposition.
When opponents are playing 2-Up, target: Between them / Behind them (Lob).
When opponents are playing 1-Up and 1-Back, target: Rear-most opponent / Behind front-most opponent.
Focus on plan - not on what has happened.