Spring 2021 Newsletter
Mon, 03 May 2021 00:00
Welcome to the latest update from your Committee as we finally start to enjoy the courts properly once again after months of lockdown. On behalf of us all, we hope you are keeping fit and well.
We are pleased that we have now got some new benches to go on the Court, along with scoreboards.
Sam Frost – our new club coach – is proving very popular indeed. Both juniors and adults alike are enjoying his coaching and really improving as a result. Both the junior classes on Wednesday evenings and the adult group on Saturday morning are very well attended and Sam is also doing several hours of private lessons too. If you would like to discuss 1:1 or group lessons then please go to https://clubspark.lta.org.uk/JWTCoachingOnlineBooking for more information.
When we asked our members in March about where they would like the Bledlow Ridge Tennis club to focus in 2021 a significant number of members told us that they would be interested in club organised social tennis events where members have the opportunity to play tennis with other club members.
To help us develop a programme of social tennis events that meets members needs we need you to tell us what sorts of tennis activities you would be interested in taking part in as well as the most convenient times.
Please clink on this link to complete the survey.
In the meantime, we have introduced a social tennis session every Saturday morning, starting on 8th May from 10am. Please do come along and join us – all standards and abilities from very rusty rackets to Wimbledon finalists would be very welcome and will be sure to get some fun doubles play.
Can we remind all members that the code for the car park is 8455. You are more than welcome to pull your car into the main parking area, but please, please, if you are the last car in there at any point during the day or evening, when you leave make sure you relock the gate behind you.
The court booking facility on our webpage is working very well, we think. Please can we encourage all members to use it but if you do have any problems with it, or the Clubspark smart phone App, to let us know.
A reminder about the guest rules and where to send payment as we are unable to open the club hut at the moment:-
- members can invite friends or family to join them as their guests without them having to join the club. This facility is designed to enable members to invite infrequent players to play.
- Guests can only play a maximum of three times in any 12-month period, if they want to play more than this they will need to become a member.
- Guests must pay a visitor fee of £3 per booking, this should be paid in advance by Internet or Telephone Banking to Bledlow Ridge Lawn Tennis Club – Lloyds Sort Code 30-94-28 Account Number - 01422778. Use your surname as a reference
- Junior members are only allowed junior guests - not adult guests
- No fees are payable for visitors playing in club or official league matches
- Guests are your responsibility at all times and must leave the club with you
The LTA have asked us to remind all members that social distancing guidelines do still apply on the tennis court, and that the rule of 6 applies – with the exception of organised coaching. We will update the guidelines as soon as we can after May 17th,
2021 Social Calendar
Watch this space after May 17th!
The Café at the Clubhouse
Lastly – we are lucky to have a new café in the Cricket Clubhouse. Open every day (except Wednesday and Sunday) - we can highly recommend the coffee and the cakes after a strenuous hour or so on the tennis court!
We look forward to seeing you all on court soon.