Learn and Play
Love to learn, learn to play, play to compete
Coaching and competitions for both adults and children is led by David Simms and his team of assistant coaches and tennis leaders. All coaches DBS checked, fully trained and qualified to LTA standards. Their aim is to provide social and competitive tennis for people of all ages and abilities in a friendly and enjoyable environment. Novice players of any age are always welcome and club membership is not needed to join a coaching programme.
Coaching is available for players of all ages and standards and delivered by fully qualifed , DBS checked and safegaurding trained Coaches.
Contact: [email protected]
Social tennis is a regular club feature. New adult players are able to mix in and enjoy doubles or singles. Junior members have their own “clubnight” on a Friday from 6.30, the Clubhouse provides table tennis, tuck-shop and the bar is open for adults. All members young or old can book a court and play as often as they wish (subject to court availability) – courts are free of charge for club members as are floodlights. A few of our current social tennis sessions are are displayed below:
- Friday evenings 6.30pm - Juniors, adults sessions start at 7.00pm onwards
- Saturday mornings - Junior sessions from 9.30am onwards
- Sunday morning from 10.30 am - Adult social tennis
Details of all our programmes can be found on our website: www.blundellsandstennis.org.uk or contact David Simms: 07900 955155 or email: [email protected]
- 3 Mens and 2 Ladies doubles teams in the Liverpool league
- 3 Mixed Teams in the Southport and District League
- Junior Teams in Southport and District League
- Mens team in the Aegon league
- Junior teams in the Aegon league
- Annual club championships
- Box leagues
- Junior tournaments
- Annual Road to Wimbledon 14u tournament
- Juniors are encouraged to enter external competitions. Click the link for external competitions and a guide to the tennis rating system http://www3.lta.org.uk/Competitions/Search/
We are always looking for members who might enjoy the cut and thrust of playing in club matches - if you are interested please contact one of the team captains (details in the "Contact" page).
Join in with a variety of social functions such as Finals day, BBQ's, Halloween, trips and events for juniors.