As most members will be aware on Monday night the Club received guidance from the Government and the LTA about the loosening of lock down restrictions, specifically with regard to tennis.
These rules state that tennis can resume on Wednesday 13th May, BUT there can be no more than 2 players per court. This means singles tennis is permitted with people from different households providing they follow social distancing rules. In addition, members of the same household can play doubles. (Four people from the same household.)
The committee have considered the LTA guidelines and are pleased to announce they have decided to open courts 1 and 3. Court 2 is remaining shut to enable players to maintain their distance. The Club house will also remain closed, so that means there will be no toilet facilities or water available for use by members.
In order to play you MUST BOOK COURTS ONLINE. You will NOT be able to just turn up and play. This is to reduce the numbers of people who come to the Club. To do this you will need to book on the Club website. Look for the "Booking" heading above.
Regretfully the mobile phone booking app, Booker, does not seem to be working well at the moment, so going via the website is the best method for booking courts. If you are still struggling, look to see when the courts are free and then contact Liz Hooper (email@example.com) who will be able to book for you.
In addition there are some other rules that you need to adhere to:
1. Please DO NOT come to the club if you are unwell and in particular if you show any of the signs of Covid-19.
2. Keep your hands clean by washing them before and after you play.
3. Please cough/sneeze into a tissue where possible or the elbow, dispose of the tissue in your bin at home and wash hands immediately after.
4. Only use your own racquet and wipe down the handle before and after playing.
5. Use your own balls, marked so they can be easily identified without having to pick them up. Do NOT use Club balls.
6. Keep your distance from other players. No hugging or high fives!
7. Use gloves to open and shut the padlocks and gates and to use the winder if needed.
8. Only use the gate nearest your booked court to enter or leave the courts.
9. Do NOT wind the nets down after your game. Leave them in the play position to lessen the need for the use of the winders.