Coronavirus Guidance for Safe Tennis
BTA Safe Tennis Guidelines During Coronavirus - Updated 13th May 2020
- Maintain a 2 meter distance between each other
- Singles play
- Doubles permitted if all players are from the same household
- Maximum of two doubles games at any one time
- Avoid doubles courts playing adjacent to each other
- Bring your own tennis balls marked with your initials
- Use your racquet to knock back balls marked with your opponent’s initials
- Avoid using your hands to pick up balls marked with initials that aren’t yours
- No change of ends between games
- No handshakes
- Use different entry and exit gates after the game
- Bring hand sanitiser with you, and remember to use it
- Wash hands thoroughly on returning home
Court Bookings - When booking a court, please use the new ClubSpark booking system. Link: https://clubspark.lta.org.uk/BusbridgeTennisAssociation/Booking
Please be respectful of those already using the courts when you arrive for your booking, and maintain your distance.
Be prepared to show your booking confirmation to anyone using the courts to demonstrate you are entitled to use the court, while respecting distancing guidelines. If necessary, refer to the notice on the notice board giving priority to BTA members who have a demonstrable booking.
While we welcome legitimate queries regarding the safety of our players, for anything not covered in the above guidance: please use common sense - and err on the side of caution.
The BTA will review these guidelines on a regular basis and make changes where necessary. We will communicate any changes via email and on our website, www.busbridgetennis.co.uk
Enjoy the return to tennis!
Busbridge Tennis Association