Fri, 01 Feb 2019 00:00
Amazing results once again for Church Broughton's Vic Allen. She reached the third round in the junior girl's singles, beating the number 14 seed in the first round in 3 sets and second round in the girl's doubles at the Australian Open
Well done Vic - you just continue to go from strength to strength.
It wouldn't be a surprise if we see Vic at Wimbledon again this year - maybe even in the main draw ? Make sure you Opt-In to the LTA Wimbledon ballot for a chance to win tickets and the draw will be made on 25th February at the Golf Club at our AGM. Please come along if you can for quite a short meeting where you will also find out about plans for extending the club facilities in the near future. The club will get in touch once more to ask you to opt in on the LTA website, if you get a letter it is because you haven’t opted in so please take a look at it. The more members opt in, the more tickets we get to purchase for Wimbledon. At the AGM the Club’s balance sheet will be produced and details of fees for next season
If you, or someone you know have a contact with Cubs, Scouts or guide packs (or similar groups) and they would like to come down to the club for an Active Evening, this is something we can cater for. The cost is £40 for up to 16 players, equipment and coaching provided. If you think someone is interested please ask them to get in touch with Coach Rushby at firstname.lastname@example.org
Playing wise we are trying to run a floodlit league at the club.Entry fees are Members FOC and Non-members £5.00
The basic idea is that pairs who enter are placed in divisions of similar standard.
In your division there may be mens, ladies and mixed pairs but hopefully all of a similar standard
Please see the rules below and contact me, Chris Booth, on email@example.com to enter or to get clarification.
Matches are intended to take place on Thursday evening under floodlights and we hope to start the league on Thursday 28th February so closing date is at the AGM on 25th February
1) Each match will consist of one set to 9 games, tiebreak at 8-8. (In the event of both tokens being used before the set is completed the result is given by the completed games)
2) All matches will normally take place at CBTC under floodlights on Thursday evenings. (Other venues and times by mutual consent)
3) Each couple should pay for one token for the lights per match.
4) Results to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
5) One point will be scored per game won.
6) Matches unplayed by deadline will be recorded as 0-0.
7) In each group the winner will be decided by the highest total of games, in the event of a draw the head to head record of the drawing teams will be considered.
Also Roger Butler is trying to run a series of Friendly matches with local clubs, simply for match practice and atb all age groups. Please keep an eye on the notice board and at the Chalet or get in touch with him on email@example.com.
The Club have 2 tables booked for the Derbyshire Lawn Tennis Association Annual awards where many club members are nominated. The cost is £29 for adults and £19 for under 18s. If you are interested in going please get in touch with Jane Rushby at firstname.lastname@example.org