Coronavirus Social Distancing and Protection of the Vulnerable
From Wednesday 3rd June, the club will be open for managed doubles play and small group coaching (up to 4 children plus coach at one time)
Please read the up-to-date Government Advice and LTA Advice before playing
The risk of coronavirus transmission is still high, so everyone must follow the club guidance and you choose to play at your own risk. In particular:
Maintain Social distancing (at least 2m) at all times
Use alcohol gel to clean your hands before playing, avoid touching your face while you are playing and apply alcohol gel again when you have finished.
We still recommend using your own clearly marked tennis balls and only touch your personal balls. Hit/kick balls back to other players. This is not compulsory but, if you choose to share balls on your court, please take extra care not to touch your face and be more vigilant with alcohol gel before and after playing.
Although doubles is now allowed and all four players can be from different households, players should ONLY book a court for four people and should not mix between courts on the same day - eg to arrange a larger social session
YOU SHOULD NOT ATTEND THE TENNIS CLUB IF:
- You have been advised to self-isolate or are part of a self-isolating family
- You have any Covid 19 symptoms of a persistent cough OR high temperature OR loss of taste and smell - in which case you should get a test as soon as possible at www.nhs.uk/coronavirus or by calling 119
IT IS STILL STRONGLY ADVISED TO ONLY PLAY WITH MEMBERS OF YOUR HOUSEHOLD IF:
- You are over 70 (regardless of medical conditions)
- You have a pre-existing condition that makes you vulnerable to the coronavirus. This includes chronic asthmatics and COPD, heart, kidney or liver diseases, diabetics and pregnant women
Courts MUST be booked beforehand via our Website or Clubspark Booking App
Members Free to book, Non-Members £5 / court / half hour – payable online
Any problems with booking please contact Jeremy Fisk on 01283 735015
Additional Guidance Details
Before you come to the club and when you return home, please wash your hands. Bring all your own equipment and refreshments, some hand sanitizer and, ideally, your own set of balls, clearly marked - eg with your initials.
Whilst at the club, please ensure minimum contact and social mixing. Aim to turn up, play with your own tennis balls and leave:
- Keep as much distance as possible (at least 2m) from other court users at all times. Cross on opposite sides of the net, wait for others to finish playing before coming onto the courts, etc
- THE CHALET WILL REMAIN LOCKED AND OUT OF USE AND WE HAVE NO TOILET FACILITIES, so please bear this mind before playing.
- Please bring your own hand sanitiser alcohol gel to clean your hands and face before and after play and as regularly as necessary. The club have purchased a number of small bottles of gel (left by the clubhouse) for any members that forget their own. Please just take a bottle and keep it for yourself.
- Avoid touching other common touch points and, if you do, use alcohol gel to clean your hands. We will also keep entry gates tied back and the nets permanently wound up to minimise these common touch points.
- Please bring your own clearly marked balls. Only your household should serve with your balls. Other players on your court and neighbouring courts should avoid touching your balls and hit them back to you. This is not compulsory, but is strongly advised, because balls may act as a vector for transmitting virus from one person to another
- If you want to purchase balls, please contact Ben Rushby on 07539 265063. We will be selling balls at cost price of £5 / tin – payable online and collected by arrangement with Ben
- Please bring your own drinks and refreshments and take rubbish home if possible.
- In Emergencies Only, you may use the key in the keysafe to access the First Aid Kit in the drawer in the clubhouse. Please wipe down surfaces you may have touched before locking up
- When you get home, clean and wipe your equipment, including racquets and water bottles
Thank you for respecting this “social distancing” guidance so that we can all limit the spread of this virus and all try to avoid catching it
Stay safe, keep healthy and our best wishes to all of you