Safe to Pay Guidance
Safe to Play Guidance - 19th October 2020
- Important to note, the Park Tennis Pass is not for the delivery or receipt of coaching services.
- The coaching provider for Churchfields is the JS Tennis Coaching Team (Head Coach: James Starr)
- Be aware guidance can change and restrictions may be reintroduced
- For informal social play, group size is limited to a maximum of six people by law.
- This means you can play tennis providing people only meet up with no more than 5 other people from different households and observe social distancing guidelines.
- Make space and wash your hands.
- No-one should leave home to participate in tennis if they, or someone they live with, has symptoms of COVID -19, currently recognised as any of:
- A high temperature
- A new, continuous cough
- A loss of, or change to, their sense of smell or taste
- Should an individual have demonstrated any such symptoms, they must follow NHS and PHE guidance on self-isolation
- Courts must be booked online prior to leaving the house.
- Avoid using public transport if possible - safer travel guidance is provided on the Government website
- Please note that to support NHS Test and Trace, venues and coaches may need to take additional details from you when booking so that they have appropriate temporary records in place to assist this service
- Singles or Doubles with different households
- Maintain social distancing of 2m at all times.
- Avoid changing ends or change at opposite sides of the net.
- Take hand sanitiser with you, remember to use immediately before & after touching the key pad.
- Use your own tennis equpiment where possible & clean all equpiment when you finish.
- Please minimse what you take to the court, only taking what you need to play.
- It is important to wash your hands before play and after play.
- It is advised that you wipe down your tennis equipment before & after use.
- Please arrive at your court booking time.
- Please exit at the end of your booking time to allow buffering time between bookings.
- If players are still exiting your booked court please stand away from the court gate to maintain social distancing.
- Where attendance of a parent/guardian (non-participant) is required, or a carer for a disabled player, it is permitted and is not counted as part of the maximum group size, but should be off court and limited to one per player where possible
- Stay at least two metres away from other players (including during play as far as possible, when taking breaks and before and after play)
- Do not make physical contact with other players (such as shaking hands or high five)
- Hand hygiene is imperative - hand sanitise at intervals if you have to touch communal surfaces
- If you need to sneeze or cough, do so into a tissue or upper sleeve
- Avoid touching your face
- Do not play or attend the facilities if you showing symptoms of COVID-19 or self-isolating
- Please cancel any bookings you then cannot use, even it is last minute
Elmbridge Borough Council reserves the right to close facilities if these measures are not respected.
Be aware guidance can change and restrictions may be reintroduced - ensure you have checked the latest version of the LTA’s guidelines for tennis players on the LTA website.