Update - 16 August 2021
The courts are available for play under the revised Covid-19 rules, in accordance with Government and LTA guidelines on social distancing and hygiene. This guidance changes frequently and the latest version is always available on the LTA website.
Following the govenment's lifting of most restrictions with effect from 19 July 2021, there are no longer any restrictions on how many people can take part in tennis activity.
Tennis remains a socially distanced sport and relatively low risk activity but the following key considerations can help to ensure the safety of participants.
You should undertake a self-assesment sympton check before leaving home using the information on the NHS website. If you have syptoms, you should not attend the club, even if your symptoms are mild. You should obtain a PCR test as soon as possible and self-isolate until you get your test result, only leaving home to have the test.
If someone you live with has symptoms, or has tested positive for Covid-19, you will not need to self-isolate if any of the following apply:
- you are fully vaccinated (and 14 days have passed since your final dose of vaccine given by the NHS)
- you are under 18 years and 6 months old
- you are or have taken part in a Covid vaccine trial
- you are not able to get vaccinated for medical reasons
Face coverings are no longer required by law but the government expects and recommends that they should continue to be worn in crowded and enclosed settings.
In particular, please adhere to the following points:
- Always book a court before playing to ensure that one is available and so that we have a record of who has been at the club.
- Practice good hygine before leaving home and while visiting the club
- Consider the wishes of other participants, e.g. if they do not wish to shake hands after a match
- Avoid sharing water bottles, refreshment containers and equipment
- Frequently touched items such as gates, keypads and padlocks are not cleaned regularly so it is up to you to ensure that you clean your hands thoroughly before and after touching these items. Please bring your own sanitiser for this purpose.
The full LTA guidance is available on the LTA website.