Update - 17 May 2021
The courts are available for play under the revised Covid-19 rules, in accordance with Government and LTA guidelines on social distancing and hygiene. This guidance changes frequently and the latest version is always available on the LTA website.
The group size for informal social play and socialising before or after organised group events is now limited to a maximum of 30 people outdoors.
Both singles and doubles play are allowed with people from outside your own household, as long as you remain 2m apart as far as possible. For doubles, it is recommended that pairs decide in advance who will take the shot if a ball travels to the centre of the court. Do not make physical contact with other players such as shaking hands or high-five.
You should undertake a self-assesment sympton check before leaving home using the information on the NHS website. Do not play if you are symptomatic or living in a household with someone who has a possible or confirmed Covid-19 infection. If you develop symptoms after playing at the club, please follow the Test and Trace guidelines as set out on the Gov.uk website.
If you are required to self-isolate for any other reason, including being asked to do so by NHS Test and Trace, or if you are required to quarantine under the Government's travel restrictions, you should not leave your home to play tennis.
People with health conditions that put them at increased risk should consider the risks of participating in group activities.
In particular, please adhere to the following points:
- Always book a court before playing to ensure that one is available and so that we have a record of who has been at the club for Test and Trace purposes.
- Wash your hands thoroughly before leaving home to go to the court
- Ensure you remain at least 2m away from anyone you encounter on site, especially on entering and leaving the courts. Do not congregate on or around the courts.
- You should limit your interaction with anyone outside your group, e.g. players on another court
- Frequently touched items such as gates, keypads and padlocks are not cleaned regularly so it is up to you to ensure that you clean your hands thoroughly before and after touching these items. Please bring your own sanitiser for this purpose.
- We have removed all frequently touched equipment from the courts. Please do not replace it.
- Players no longer need to use their own marked balls. However, if you choose to use shared balls, extra care should be taken to avoid touching your face during play and hands should be cleaned or sanitised immediately before and after playing. Players should avoid chasing a ball onto another court if other players are using it and avoid handling balls from another court if possible.
- Bring your own water bottle and other equipment and wipe both down after use.
- The shed is not to be accessed.
- If the toilets are open, take particular care in using them and wash hands thoroughly after use.
The full LTA guidance is available on the LTA website.