LTA advice updated 21 July
The courts are available for play under the revised Covid-19 lockdown rules, in accordance with government and LTA guidelines on social distancing and hygiene. This guidance changes frrequently and the latest version is always available on the LTA website.
Both singles and doubles play are now allowed with people from outside your own household, as long as you remain 2m apart as far as possible. For doubles, it is recommended that pairs decide in advance who will take the shot if a ball travels to the centre of the court.
Group coaching is also now allowed for larger groups of adults as long as government guidelines on outdoor sport are followed.
You should undertake a self-assesment sympton check before leaving home using the information on the NHS website. Do not play if you are symptomatic or living in a household with someone who has a possible or confirmed Covid-19 infection. If you develop symptoms after playing at the club, please follow the Test and Trace guidelines as set out on the Gov.uk website.
If you are clinically vulnerable (e.g. over 70), you can play but should be especially careful and diligent about social distancing and hand hygiene.
If you are clinically extremely vulnerable, you can consider playing, always maintaining social distancing and with robust hand and respiratory hygiene.
In particular, please adhere to the following points:
- Always book a court before playing to ensure that one is available.
- Wash your hands thoroughly before leaving home to go to the court
- Ensure you remain at least 2m away from anyone you encounter on site, especially on entering and leaving the courts. Do not congregate on or around the courts.
- You should limit your interaction with anyone outside your group, e.g. players on another court
- There are no staff at the club to ensure that frequently touched items such as gates, keypads and padlocks are cleaned regularly so it is up to you to ensure that you clean your hands thoroughly before and after touching these items. Please bring your own sanitiser for this purpose.
- We have removed all frequently touched equipment from the courts. Please do not replace it.
- Players no longer need to use their own marked balls. However, if you choose to use shared balls, extra care should be taken to avoid touching your face during play and hands should be cleaned or sanitised immediately before and after playing. Players should avoid chasing a ball onto another court if other players are using it and avoid handling balls from another court if possible.
- Bring your own water bottle and other equipment and wipe both down after use.
- The shed is not to be accessed.
- If the toilets are open, take particular care in using them and wash hands thoroughly after use.
The full LTA guidance is available on the LTA website.