Reopening of the Club
Tue, 12 May 2020 00:00
Following the easing of restrictions by our Government we are delighted to be able to inform you that from Wednesday 13 May at 7am we are going to open Courts 1, 4, 5 and 8 for our members to play on. We realise there are members who would want us to open all 8 Courts, as would we, but our primary goal is to offer a safe environment for you. It is our intention to review this decision against our experience over the coming week and hopefully if things run smoothly and people abide by the rules we hope to be able to open the remaining 4 Courts.
Please read the latest guidelines and advice from the LTA by clicking below.
LTA latest guidelines
For the time being the following rules related to Cocks and Hens must be complied with;
- You must be a fully paid up member of the club to come and play.
- The Clubhouse remains closed for now. That includes the toilets, please keep this in mind.
- The Courts are open for use by members for singles or doubles from the same household or singles with one other person outside your household.
- You can only play if you have booked a Court before arriving. We do not want people hanging around hoping a Court will be available.
- Social Distancing must be maintained.
- Hand wash will be available and must be used before you go on Courts. Please bring your own hand wash in case ours have been removed for some reason.
- Please follow the directions on the gates to and from the courts.
- Bring your own equipment including balls, clearly marked as your own.
- All debris brought on Court must be taken away.
- It goes without saying if you have any symptoms of Covid 19 or indeed anything that could be confused with Covid 19 do not come to the Club.
You can only book 1 court per day for up to 2 hours and only 3 days in advance. Booking is open from now.
Please note you may see the Coaches teaching on other Courts. This is all part of planning for the coming week.
Finally we really would like to just open and continue as before but there are clearly planning issues not to mention safety issues involved. We do understand that some will not be in total agreement with us on this but please understand the club has many members and we try to find a middle road. We hope to offer all the Courts plus a grass court in the very near future and appreciate your understanding at this time.
I hope you all enjoy your tennis.
With kind regards
Chairman of Committee