COVID 19 Safety
We are pleased to tell you that the centre is now open for indoor court bookings, outdoor bookings can be done online and access is via the field at the back of the centre. Please do not come into the centre if you have an outdoor booking as there is no access to the outdoor courts at present. The indoor courts are only open at certain times during the day but we look forward to welcoming everyone back. We have strict social distancing measures in place so please read all the information in our NEWS tab, above, before coming to the centre. Please be aware, you must call or email to book your court before coming.
For further information about our Covid safety measures please look at our Video on Youtube for a guided tour.
Key changes to LTA guidance (from 24 September 2020): Covid-19 Return to Play Guidelines
1. Doubles can now be played with different households as long as players keep at least 2 metres apart as per social distancing, and also agree in advance who will go for shots in the centre of the court.
2. Players do not now need to use their own marked tennis balls but if you choose to share balls then extra care must be taken to avoid you don't touch your face during play and wash hands/use alcohol gel before and after play. Players should still avoid to pick up balls from other courts with their hands.
3. If someone who has played at the centre develops symptoms of Covid-19 they should follow the Governments 'test and trace' guidelines. You can read more about this here.
4. As per both LTA and government guidelines, from Thursday 24 September, indoor team sports are now subject to the rule of six, for tennis, activity can continue for children, and organised indoor group tennis activity for adults (including coached sessions and club nights held indoors) can take place in larger numbers in COVID-19 secure venues, provided groups of more than six do not mix. These numbers may change as we follow further government advice on the matter.
5. For informal social play, from Thursday 24 September group size is limited to a maximum of six people by law. This means you can play tennis providing you only meet up with no more than 5 other people from different households and observe social distancing guidelines.
6. Organised activity for larger groups, including coached sessions, club nights and competitions is permitted by the Government as an exception to the limit of six, and so can continue.
7. When participating in any tennis activity indoors or outdoors, participants must not mingle in groups of more than six before and after the activity, while maintaining social distancing with those from another household at all times
8. A parent is now able to stay if child is playing/being coached
9. Use of communal rackets can now be done subject to thorough cleaning measures between use
10. Players must bring and use hand gel
11. It is now mandatory for anyone over the age of 11 to wear a proper face covering (unless you are exempt). This includes inside a public area or an indoor place where social distancing may be difficult and/ or where you will come into contact with people you do not normally meet. Therefore, please wear a face covering whenever you are in the main centre building. These may be removed when you enter the domes but must be put on again before coming into the reception or toilet areas.
Please note other club guidelines remain:
1. Social distancing at all times
2. All courts must be pre-booked
3. Face coverings must be worn when inside the Clubhouse
4. Floodlights are not in use
For more information on what we offer contact the centre at [email protected] / 01536 407851