COVID 19 Safety
Coronavirus Updated Opening Hours
Update: 5th January 2021
In line with new Government and LTA guidance , we must sadly temporarily close both our outdoor and indoor courts.
In the meantime, we hope you stay safe and healthy and look forward to welcoming you back to the centre as soon as we are allowed to do so. Thank you for your continued support and understanding during this difficult time.
For further information about our Covid safety measures please look at our Video on Youtube for a guided tour.
Key changes to LTA guidance (from January 2021): Covid-19 Return to Play Guidelines
TIER 4 Updates:
1. As per both LTA and government guidelines, from January 2021, all indoor tennis is now not permitted.
2. Outdoor social play is allowed. This is restricted to singles only.
3. Outdoor 1:1 coaching is still allowed.
4. Organised outdoor or indoor activities for larger groups, including coached sessions, club nights and competitions is not permitted for adults. However, this is allowed for those under 18 and for disabled people. The maximum group size for children is 15. There is no socialising allowed before or after the activity.
5. Outdoor competitions are not permitted for adults. However, local singles and doubles competitions are permitted for under 18 and disabled people from that area only.
6. One parent is able to stay if child is playing or being coached. Spectating is not allowed otherwise.
7. As travel is restricted in the area you should aim to reduce number of journeys you make where possible
8 . Players do not now need to use their own marked tennis balls but if you choose to share balls then extra care must be taken to avoid you don't touch your face during play and wash hands/use alcohol gel before and after play. Players should still avoid to pick up balls from other courts with their hands.
9. If someone who has played at the centre develops symptoms of Covid-19 they should follow the Governments 'test and trace' guidelines. You can read more about this here.
10. Players must bring and use hand gel
11. It is now mandatory for anyone over the age of 11 to wear a proper face covering (unless you are exempt). Therefore, please wear a face covering whenever you are in the main centre building. These may be removed when you enter the domes but must be put on again before coming into the reception or toilet areas.
Please note other club guidelines remain:
1. Social distancing at all times
2. All courts must be pre-booked
3. Face coverings must be worn when inside the Clubhouse
4. Floodlights are not in use
For more information on what we offer contact the centre at [email protected] / 01536 407851