COVID 19 Safety
Coronavirus Updated Opening Hours
Update: 19th July 2021
As of 19th July, all governmnet restrictions were lifted.
For the immediate future, we will be keeping the shield in front of reception along with the hand sanitiser, spray for handles and the one way system. If you wish to wear a face mask and keep social distancing while in the reception area, we happily encourage this to keep everyone safe.
For further information about our Covid safety measures please look at our Video on Youtube for a guided tour.
Key changes to LTA guidance (from April 2021): Covid-19 Return to Play Guidelines
1. As per both LTA and government guidelines, from 12th April 2021, indoor tennis is allowed.
2. Outdoor social play is allowed. This is restricted to the rule of 6.
3. Outdoor 1:1 coaching is still allowed.
4. Organised outdoor or indoor activities for larger groups, including coached sessions, club nights and competitions is not permitted for adults. However, this is allowed for those under 18 and for disabled people. The maximum group size for children is 15. There is no socialising allowed before or after the activity.
5. Outdoor competitions are not permitted for adults. However, local singles and doubles competitions are permitted for under 18 and disabled people from that area only.
6. One parent is able to stay if child is playing or being coached. Spectating is not allowed otherwise.
7. As travel is restricted in the area you should aim to reduce number of journeys you make where possible
8 . Players do not now need to use their own marked tennis balls but if you choose to share balls then extra care must be taken to avoid you don't touch your face during play and wash hands/use alcohol gel before and after play. Players should still avoid to pick up balls from other courts with their hands.
9. If someone who has played at the centre develops symptoms of Covid-19 they should follow the Governments 'test and trace' guidelines. You can read more about this here.
10. Players must bring and use hand gel
11. It is now mandatory for anyone over the age of 11 to wear a proper face covering (unless you are exempt). Therefore, please wear a face covering whenever you are in the main centre building. These may be removed when you enter the domes but must be put on again before coming into the reception or toilet areas.
Please note other club guidelines remain:
1. Social distancing at all times
2. All courts must be pre-booked
3. Face coverings must be worn when inside the Clubhouse
4. Floodlights are not in use
For more information on what we offer contact the centre at [email protected] / 01536 407851