CV19 Specific Info for members
Our club’s current (6th January 2021) CV19 rules are:
- Only Singles play is now permitted, other than Doubles involving one single (or extended) household as confirmed by the LTA / Tennis Scotland on 6th January 2021.
- You will have to book online up to two slots per day of 30/60 or 90 mins. You will not be able just to turn up without a booking. https://clubspark.lta.org.uk/CraigmillarParkLTC/Booking/BookByDate
- The only caveat to that is that we will have protected slots for established groups such as the Morning Men / Ladies and Team practice sessions in the evenings. Contact us if you aren’t involved in those but would like to be.
- Social tennis on Saturdays at 2pm is suspended for the time being.
- Please only turn up at the specified time for your play and leave promptly afterwards. There should be no hanging about / socialising in-line with Scottish Government CV19 rules.
- The club supplied balls can be found in the metal box attached to the clubhouse. They will be Artengos and changed approx weekly throughout the winter. Please take only 4 balls per court and ensure all are returned. No other balls should be placed inside this box.
- There is a bin beside the clubhouse specifically (only) for recycling old tennis balls. Please don't put rubbish in this.
- Please bring hand sanitiser although there is a station at the entrance to Court 1.
- The Clubhouse is closed aside from toilet access & access to feed floodlight meters. You must sanitise before and after using the clubhouse and wear a facemask inside. One person at a time in the clubhouse only. The outside tap will be available to use.
- If using the toilets please ensure you clean the toilet before and after use. As always please wash your hands.
- If playing on courts 3 or 4 – you must use the far side gate not the one at court 1.
- Visitors are allowed – please pay the relevant visitors fee (Adult £5, Student £3 & Juniors £2) in advance : A/c name: Craigmillar Park Tennis Club, TSB Sort Code: 30 25 81, Account no: 01169095
- Please leave the court gates unlocked during the day unless you are the last to play that day. Main gate should be secured when nobody remains in the grounds.
- Individual Coaching is available however group coaching for Juniors & Adults is paused - contact Graeme for more details or see the coaching page.
- Full guidelines for playing tennis in Scotland during CV19 are available: https://www.lta.org.uk/globalassets/news/2020/guidance-for-tennis-venues-coaches--players-in-scotland---covid-19.pdf
- Tennis restrictions by Tier can be found here: https://www.lta.org.uk/globalassets/news/2020/scotland-tennis-activity-by-level-grid.pdf
- In terms of travel, please take note of the 5 mile guidance and be aware that both Midlothian & East Lothian have boundaries within 5 miles of the tennis club.