Restricted tennis - rules
All members will be expected to adhere to these rules irrespective of who you play with and when. It’s not too late to renew your membership or join as a new member, please head to the clubs ‘Membership’ page on the website for details and instructions.
- Hand sanitisers - Please bring your own sanitiser with you. We’ve placed additional dispensers on and around the Club hut as an emergency if you forget.
- Hand sanitisation - Please ensure you sanitise your hands before and after you play and at regular intervals if you are playing for any extended time.
- Singles - You can play singles with someone outside your household.
- Doubles - Doubles can be played between 2 household groups or 4 players from the same household.
- End of play - Do not shake hands! A nice racket touch is acceptable.
- Social distancing - Always maintain 2m distance at all times including when entering and exiting the courts.
- Balls - You must bring your own balls and mark them clearly, take them away with you once complete. Suggest 4 balls max.
- Use of your own balls – when you serve you will be expected to use only your own balls. The balls owned by other players will be stored safely away for use when they are serving. You will be the only player who will be allowed to touch the balls with your hands. Balls can be transferred from each end of the court by other players using racquets or your feet etc.
- Other courts balls - Do not touch any other balls with your hands and but wait for an appropriate gap to retrieve your own balls.
- Padlock (located entrance to Court 1) - Please wipe the padlock once you have locked up. If you are the last person to leave the courts make sure you lock the door. When you book a court you will be given the combination to the lock please keep this to yourself. The committee will be changing the combination regularly.
- Clubhouse – the hut remains closed except for emergencies or to turn on floodlights. Please wipe lights and handles with sanitisation wipes provided.
- Court bookings - You cannot play unless you have booked a court via the online Book a court. DO NOT GO TO THE COURTS UNLESS YOU HAVE BOOKED A COURT.
- ClubSpark mobile Booker App - Please DO NOT USE the App to book courts . We're awaiting release of an updated version from ClubSpark, as soon as availble will let members know.
- Court allocation - To allow as much space between players as possible, please book courts 2 and 3 first! When these two courts are full, you may then book courts 5 & 6.
- Booking period - A booking is set for 60 minutes. Play for 45 minutes and leave as soon as you are finished. The extra 15 minutes is a buffer period for cleaning and safe arrival / departure of players ensuring social distancing.
- Players only - Only players are to go to the courts – spectators and friends are not permitted. The only exception is where an adult is required to supervise Junior players.
- Other activities - No extra-curricular or social activity is allowed at the courts.