Latest Covid-19 Advice
Fri, 31 Jul 2020 00:00
31/07/20 – Version 5
New LTA guidelines for tennis came into force from 31 July 2020. They have been produced in line with recent Government announcements, and the changes since the 13 July update apply mainly to the opening of indoor courts.
For Dunstable Tennis Club, the following updated guidelines apply for all members;
- Anyone attending the club (players, coaches, staff, visitors), should undergo a pre-attendance self-assessment for any COVID-19 symptoms using the information on the NHS website before leaving home. No-one should leave home to participate in tennis if they, or someone they live with, has symptoms of COVID -19, currently recognised as any of the following:
- - A high temperature
- - A new, continuous cough
- - A loss of, or change to, their sense of smell or taste
- Should an individual have demonstrated any such symptoms, they must follow NHS and PHE guidance on self-isolation
- To support NHS Test and Trace, the club will keep a temporary record of all those on site for 21 days and assist NHS Test and Trace with requests for that data if needed. This will come from court booking history and the sign-in register at the bar for club nights and bar users.
- Coached sessions for children are now possible for group sizes of no more than 15, plus coach(es). For adults, the LTA recommends no more than 12 players on one full-size tennis court and surrounding areas at any one time, to ensure social distancing can always be maintained . To support NHS Test and Trace, coaches may take additional details from you when booking so that the appropriate temporary records are in place.
- The Government has confirmed that club nights and competitions can now restart outdoors, provided that we follow guidance to ensure that we are COVID-19 secure, subject to a thorough risk assessment and delivery plan, taking into consideration the relevant LTA and Government guidance, and clear and appropriate risk mitigation measures are in place.
- Members are advised to limit their interactions with anyone outside of the group they are attending the club with (e.g. players on another court or in a different coaching group), and they should continue to maintain social distancing (2 metres) from those that they do not live with or are in a support bubble with.
- Hand hygiene is imperative -use anti-bac or wipes to clean your hands after touching a shared surface (consider bringing your own)
- Players do not now need to use their own clearly marked tennis balls – however, if you choose to use shared balls then extra care must be taken to ensure you do not touch your face during play, and you should clean your hands before play and immediately after finishing.
- The clubhouse should always remain closed , apart from at bar opening times. Use of toilets is allowed. The Kitchen is not to be used, the water supply to the cloakrooms is drinkable.
- Bookings are required and are restricted to 90 minutes. A maximum of 4 x 90-minute sessions can be booked in a 7-day period up to 2 weeks in advance.
- Waste paper hand drying towels should be placed in the lidded bins provided. All other rubbish should be taken home with you.
- Usual floodlight restrictions and payments apply.
All subject to change when necessary.
The full guidance from the LTA can be found here;