We are pleased to be back operating at a near-normal level of permitted tennis play. As a naturally socially-distanced sport, tennis is the ideal way to keep fit and enjoy the outdoors after a prolonged winter lockdown. Please read and familiarise yourself with our Covid Policy to ensure that we continue to adhere to government guidelines. The key points are summarised below.
- All coaching
- Organised (scheduled) mix-ins
- Competitive leagues
Please take these guidelines seriously. If we feel the club is becoming an unsafe place to be, we will have to look at stricter, more limiting, routines. Thank you in advance - your cooperation is greatly appreciated.
- Please continue the basics: sanitising before and after play, wearing a mask if necessary, and adhering to social distancing. If you feel unwell with any of the Covid symptoms, please follow the latest government guidelines for self-isolation and do not come to the club.
- Courts must be booked in advance for singles and doubles; please use the online booking system (app also available). If you are booking via the website, please always add all other participants you are playing with. This is for Track & Trace purposes and to ensure fairness for all members.
- If you no longer need a court booking, you MUST cancel it. This will increase court availability at a time of high demand. If you waste a court by not cancelling/ playing, your booking rights may be removed for a week (i.e. you can still play, but someone else will have to book). This may seem draconian, but we need to ensure that we make full use of our courts. Please be considerate to your fellow members.
- Updated 17th May: You can now play 2 slots per day outside of organised activities and no longer have to leave the club for at least 1 hour between slots.
- Updated 17th May: You can book a 2-hour slot with anyone (i.e. the rule of 6 no longer applies on court) at off peak times (before 5pm weekdays and after 5pm weekends)
- Updated 17th May: You can still only book 1 slot per day at peak times (after 5pm weekdays and before 5pm weekends)
- Informal mix ins (outside of the scheduled sessions outlined below) are unfortunately not permitted at this time.
- Updated 17th May: The clubhouse can be used to access the floodlight box, toilets, and changing rooms. Please continue to wear masks inside and adhere to the rule of 6. See below for opening times.
- Updated 17th May: Socialising outdoors and spectating is now permitted (rule of 30 outdoors), but please continue to socially distance at all times.
- Updated 17th May: Car-sharing is now permitted for transport to away league matches
- The bar is open Tues-Fri from 7pm (subject to volunteer availability) and variable times over the weekends (check social media for updates)
- Visitors are allowed Monday-Friday until 4pm to allow full playing opportunities for our members. A visitor fee of £5 (adult) or £3 (junior) is payable in advance.
Organised Mix Ins
- These are facilitated social tennis sessions to enable members to play in a mixed group within the current guidelines. A club volunteer will organise the sessions on behalf of the players (and will also be able to join in).
- Advanced booking is essential for all sessions (the organiser will have a list of confirmed players).
- Please book only one slot per day as places are limited.
- The Sunday mix ins will restart from Sunday 4th April. There will be two sessions: 12.00 - 13.30 and 13.30 - 15.00 (timings may vary occasionally due to matches, so please check the website).
- The weekday evening mix ins will follow from 6th April:
- Tuesday (Men) - there will be two sessions: 18.00-19.30 and 19.30-21.00
- Wednesday (Ladies) - there will be one session 19.00-21.00
- Max 14 people per session.
- Please bring your sanitiser and your tube of balls.
- The facilitator will organise short doubles matches to give the opportunity for a couple of games each. If you aren't playing in one, you won't have to wait long for your turn.
- These sessions are for improver/intermediate and above (if you are unsure if you are of the right standard, please ask Tom Barton).
Access to the Clubhouse/ Parking
- The clubhouse will be open to enable access to the toilets, changing rooms and floodlight boxes (rule of 6 applies).
- The opening times are: 16.30-21.10 (weekdays) and 08.00-21.10 (weekends)
- A volunteer will be locking the clubhouse daily no earlier than 21.15.
- The floodlight boxes are in the corner of the main clubhouse by the window and there are instructions there on how to use them. The cost is £4 per hour (pound coins will be needed).
- The main (top) car park can get congested at peak times. There is an overflow car park behind Courts 11 and 12 which is also open to members. There is a chain across the entrance with a combination lock (the access code is the same as the side gates). You are welcome to use this lower car park, but if you are last to leave, please ensure that you replace the chain and lock across the entrance. We have had problems with fly-tipping recently and the chain is there as a deterrent.