Documents & GDPR
For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR") and UK data protection laws, the controller is Elly Shearman Coaching, of 2 Ashley Close, Bristol BS7 9HF (the Business).
About this document
How I collect your information
I may collect your personal data in a few limited ways, namely:
- Directly from you; when you sign up for coaching or events on my clubspark site, when you make an enquiry to my e-mail address (ellytennis.Kings@hotmail.com) regarding my coaching programme, or membership at Kings LTC, when you phone to enquire about my coaching programme or membership at Kings LTC.
- From the LTA (for example, where the LTA passes on your details to us in connection with a complaint or query you have raised about my coaching program).
The types of information I collect
I may collect the following types of personal data about you:
- Contact and communications information, including your contact details (including email address(es), telephone numbers and postal address(es) and records of communications and interactions I have had with you);
- Your Opting In options that you have made on my ClubSpark site.
- Health or medical conditions, where you have volunteered this information, for example so that I can inform any coaches that may be coaching you or your child to ensure that health and safety is a primary concern at all times for everyone.
How I use personal data
Personal data provided to me will be used for the purposes set out at the time of collection and, where relevant, in accordance with any preferences you express.
More generally, I will use your personal data for the following purposes:
- Administration of information regarding the coaching programme:
- Informing you about booking for a new term, new courses, holiday programs;
- Following up attendance of a group and payment/non-payment;
- Encouraging you or your child to play in team matches/competition;
- Updates on extreme weather that may interfere with the coaching progamme;
- Administration of events being held at Kings LTC, those organised by the coaching programme and those organised by the club;
- I may use a name to search under ‘Find a Player’ on the LTA website to check ratings and BTM numbers for matches;
- Contact details and names will be saved on registers for all groups, including school groups to ensure I can get in touch with a parent if necessary;
- Promoting the coaching programme, Kings Tennis Club, and tennis related events/activities when I think they would be of interest to you;
Your marketing preferences
I will always respect your wishes in respect of what type of communications you want to receive from me and these will be appropriate to your options when Opting In. There are some communications, however, that I need to send you regardless of your marketing preferences such as;
- Emails reminding you of the need to book on to ensure a place on a coaching course
- E-mails reminding you that fees are due or overdue
You are in control of how I communicate with you. You can update your choices and/or your contact details by contacting me at ellytennis.Kings@hotmail.com.
Sharing your information with others
I do not sell your personal data for other organisations to use.
Personal data collected and processed by me may be shared with the following third parties, where necessary:
- The Kings LTC committee members; for the purposes of membership, clubhouse bookings, or event enquiries, as well as any safeguarding issue.
- My coaching staff if you or your child is involved in competing and team matches to allow the coach in charge to contact you regarding match schedules and team management.
- My coaching staff will be able to ask me to access the register with contact details for a child in any coaching group or school group in the case of ill health, injury or a behaviour issue so that parents can be contacted.
- The Avon LTA if I have discussed with you that your child may qualify for county coaching opportunities.
How long your information is kept
I keep your personal data only for as long as necessary for each purpose we use it. Data for booking onto the coaching programme, will be retained as long as you or your child are booked into a coaching programme, and for a period of six years after your last interaction with us (for accounting, tax reporting and record-keeping purposes).
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data I hold about you and to check that I am lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal data that I hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information I hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask me to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for me continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask me to delete or remove your personal data where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal data where I am relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where I am processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask me to suspend the processing of personal data about you, for example if you want me to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it. You can also withdraw your consent, where this is the basis for our processing your data (without affecting the lawfulness of my previous processing based on consent).
- Request the transfer of your personal data to another party.
Please note that the above rights are not absolute, and we may be entitled to refuse requests where exceptions apply.
Contact and complaints
If you are not satisfied with how I am processing your personal data, you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioner. You can find out more about your rights under applicable data protection laws from the Information Commissioner’s Office website: www.ico.org.uk.