2019 CHAMPIONSHIP RULES
- Dates for matches to be played-by are:
Rounds 1&2 10 August 2019
Quarter Finals 14 September 2019
Semi-Finals 24 September 2019
- Please try and stick to these dates but be flexible and allow a little leeway if absolutely necessary and without impacting other players in the draw. Common sense and courtesy prevail at all times.
- All players will make every best effort to find a mutually convenient date to play matches.
- All players will get to play in at least 2 matches either in the Championship or the Plate competition. To confirm, a bye does not count as a played match.
- If a player is injured at the time of the “play-by” date and the match has not been played, then that player should concede the match.
- The winner(s) of each match will write the score (e.g. 4-6, 7-5, 6-1) on the Championship Draw in the Clubhouse. If there’s a red line under your match, then there needs to be a score.
- Players will move themselves forwards or backwards on the Draw, writing their name(s) clearly.
- Players will provide their own tennis balls, of match quality.
- Each match will be the best of 3 sets. If 6-6, each set will be settled by a tie-break – first to 7 with 2 clear points.
- All matches, without exception, must be played at Ely Tennis Club.
- Finals Day will be held on 29 September 2019 and all Finals will be played on this date.