Singles Box Leagues were first introduced in 2013 to give adult members an opportunity to play more singles tennis. The leagues cater for a variety of playing standards and hopefully you should find yourself in a league with players of similar ability. If you want to be included in subsequent box leagues, please contact us at [email protected].
Entry for the Box Leagues is available for all membership types. If you have weekday daytime only play membership you must play your matches on weekdays (daytime) only.
Box league tournaments consist of leagues of around 6 players. Each tournament lasts for two months ending on the last day of the month. All match scores should be recorded on the Leagues section of eBookingOnline.net.
- Please book your match using the court booking system on this website. Matches must not be played on courts booked for other events e.g. Tuesday, Friday, Saturday or Sunday social tennis sessions.
- You must play 12 games against your opponent using the normal scoring system for scoring games. Each match should take about one hour.
- Record the score promptly online as, e.g. 10-2. The system will automatically award an extra 2 points to both your scores for playing the match.
- At the end of the tournament period, access to update any box league scores will be automatically stopped. Any scores not recorded by that time will not count. The total scores for each player will determine the ranking in each league. Normally, the two highest ranked players will move up a league and the two lowest ranked players will move down, although the committee reserves the right to change this, if appropriate, to try to balance the number of players in each league because of players wishing to join or leave the leagues.
- If two or more players have the same points total and are in the promotion or relegation zone, then the player with the higher ranking will be:
1. The player who has played the most matches;
2. If the matches played are equal, the result between the tied players;
3. If that game is a draw, or there is a three-way tie, the player with more wins; and
4. Finally, if necessary, a toss of a coin will be used to decide.
- If there are more than two players that have not played a match, then the two players in the lowest positions will move down.
- Please make every effort to arrange matches in a timely fashion to give everyone a chance of finding a mutually convenient time. If you can only play at very restricted times due to other commitments, then the onus is on you to contact the other players early on to give them time to accommodate you.
If two players have arranged to play a match and one must pull out for any reason, every effort should be made by both parties to re-arrange the match. If this is not possible, then the player who must pull out concedes the match 8-0 and both parties will receive 2 points for playing the match.
When new players join the box league, the committee will try to place them, where possible, in an appropriate division. All playing standards are welcome.
If you are unable to compete in a league due to injury or other reasons, you must let the organising committee know by e-mail. If you have played 4 games or more your scores will stand in those games, and where you have not yet played games, the score will be deemed to be 8-0 to your opponent and both parties will receive 2 points for playing the match. If you have played 3 games or less then all your scores will be scratched.
Players who do not play any of their matches will not be included in the next league unless they let the committee know by e-mail that they are unable to play their matches and that they would like to be included in the next league. If a player does wish to play in the next league, then that player must try to complete matches in the next box league. In fairness to other players, if this does not happen and there is no good reason, that player will not be included in the following box league.
You must let the committee know if they do not want to be included in the next tournament league.
Juniors will only be included in the adult leagues if they are over 14 and the coach has recommended that they are included. This is entirely at the coach’s discretion. In exceptional circumstances juniors under the age of 14 may be included at the coach’s recommendation.
If you are not in the current box league and want to be included in the next one, or f you have any queries or issues with regard to the box leagues, please contact us at [email protected]
Entering and Viewing Results
You must log in to eBookingOnline.net. You should see the following:
Click on the Sign In button and enter your Id and PIN. If you don't have an Id and PIN please email: [email protected]
If you have forgotten your ID or password click on 'Forgot User ID or Password'.
Once you have logged in, a new Leagues button will appear. Click on it to view all the leagues.
There is a drop-down list at the top. Select the league you are playing in.
Click on the empty box where your name intersects with your opponent. You will find that you can enter a number of games.