HINCKLEY TOWN TENNIS CLUB
Data Protection Policy and Privacy Statement
The GDPR, the General Data Protection Regulation, has been in operation since May 2017 and is enforceable from 25th May 2018). It's a Regulation by which the European Commission intends to strengthen and unify protection for individuals within the European Union (EU). It also addresses export of personal data outside the EIJ. Its obligations include minimise collection of personal data, deletion of personal data that is no longer necessary, restrict access, and secure data through its entire lifecycle. Consequently, this new legislation will affect the way Hinckley Town Tennis Club contacts its members and stores personal information about its membership.
Hinckley Town Tennis Club will comply with the requirements of GDPR and will request members to consent to their data being held in accordance with this policy.
The following personal information is held by Hinckley Town Tennis Club’s membership data base, and for those members who play league tennis, some of this information is also held within the Tennis Leicestershire /LTA online system used by the Club and administered for the UK by the Lawn Tennis Association (LTA):
- • Full Name
- • Date of Birth
- • Email Address
- • Contact telephone Numbers
- • Full address and postcode
- • Playing record
- • Gender
- • Joining date
- • Information on recent matches, tournament draws and results may be displayed on paper in the clubhouse
- • Some subscription information, such as date paid and cost of subscription
Hinckley Town Tennis Club will only use members’ personal details specified above, and these will be used solely for the following purposes:
- • Communication between Club Members to facilitate the management of matches, competitions and events at the Club.
- • Communication between Club Members and the Club Committee to promote accessibility and enable the general running of the Club.
Members who leave the Club will have their personal details (apart from name) deleted after two years of leaving the Club.
You may have a copy of this policy by request
• You have the right to: o Be removed from the lists etc; but this may affect your ability to participate in tennis activities at Hinckley Town Tennis Club.
o See what information we store about you, by request to the Club Committee, and we will provide this within 30 days.
o Have your history deleted
o Change details of the data