Hingham Tennis is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable. Our Welfare Officer is SHARON CONWAY, 01953 850973. Please contact her by phone or via firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any concerns regarding safeguarding.
If you need to report at concern please use the concern reporting form using this link Reporting a Concern form
The LTA Safe and Inclusive Tennis Team can be contacted on 020 8487 7000
(Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm) or via email email@example.com
Please see our full Safeguarding policy at Hingham Tennis Safeguarding Policy
Hingham Tennis adheres to this safeguarding code of conduct:
- Prioritise the well-being of all children and adults at all times
- Be a positive role model. Act with integrity, even when no one is looking
- Help to create a safe and inclusive environment both on and off court and promote the Fair Play values: enjoy; respect
- Value and celebrate diversity and make all reasonable efforts to meet individual needs
- Keep clear boundaries between your professional and personal life, including on social media
- Check you have the relevant consent from parents/carers, children and adults before taking or using photos and videos
- Ensure your own roles and responsibilities, and those of everyone you are responsible for, are clearly outlined and everyone has the information, training and support to carry them out
- Where possible, do not be alone with a child or adult at risk
- Do not abuse, neglect, harm or discriminate against anyone; or act in a way that may be interpreted as such*
- Doing nothing is NOT an option: report all concerns and disclosures as soon as possible, following the Concern Reporting Procedure. If someone is in immediate danger, call the police (999)
*It is illegal to have a relationship with someone who is under 18 years old if you are in a position of trust; it is illegal to have a sexual relationship with anyone under the age of 16 whether they give consent or not.
The Code of Conduct should be interpreted in a spirit of integrity, transparency and common sense, with the best interests of children and adults at risk as the primary consideration.