As this is a rapidly evolving issue, please refer to this page regularly for the latest advice and guidance from the club.
It has now been agreed that tennis can start again from Wednesday 13th May, but under the very strict conditions shown below. Please also read and adhere to the latest government and LTA advice (links below).
STRICT CONDITIONS OF OPENING - UPDATED 20/05/20
We want the club to remain open - it is up to you to comply, or risk closure. It is each and every individual’s responsibility…..
In accordance with Government advice (https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus) and LTA guidelines to date (https://www.lta.org.uk/about-us/tennis-news/news-and-opinion/general-news/2020/march/coronavirus-covid-19---latest-advice/), & to help combat the spread of Covid-19, the following measures will be implemented at the club:
Do not come to the club, if you or anyone you have been in contact with shows symptoms of coronavirus, in particular a dry cough or high temperature
- You must sanitise/wash your hands thoroughly before entering the premises
- General govt. hygiene recommendation - Avoid touching your face, as the virus is transmitted through eyes, mouth and nose
- Social distancing (min 2m) must be observed at all times (no shaking hands etc)
- The clubhouse will remain CLOSED until further notice
- No membership card access until further notice
- Only players with an advanced booking (and their opponents) are allowed to be at the club. No spectators (except parents of minis and juniors)
- Access is ONLY by the PIN code generated by the booking. The member who has made the booking should give the booking PIN to their opponent
- EVERY person entering through the gate should use the booking PIN and then ensure the gate is closed behind them (even if someone else is waiting to enter). Do not hold or leave the gate open for anyone.
- DO NOT arrive more than 15 minutes before your booking start time as your PIN will not work.
- Singles play only, unless it’s with other members of your household
- Use ONLY the court number shown on your booking - If others are using your booked court when you arrive you should politely ask them to vacate it
- Players must be mindful of the time slots (you must drag the AC courts where applicable before departure) and vacate the club promptly and safely
- Bring your own balls and take them home after play
- No club or group sessions, or floodlit play until further notice
- Please take all rubbish home, there are no bin collections presently
You must sanitise/wash your hands thoroughly after leaving the club. If you develop any symptoms within 3 days of playing at the club, inform us asap.
In due course and when appropriate, the above conditions will be updated accordingly.
It’s our club, let’s show we can manage it responsibly between us!!