COVID-19 Update 23 September 2020
Wed, 23 Sep 2020 00:00
Changes to LTA guidelines – 23rd September 2020
Huntingdon Tennis Club
New LTA guidelines have been released following last night’s government announcement.
With Effect from Thursday 24th September those attending the Club for Tennis activity must adhere to the following rules.
Junior Group Coaching
- Junior players are exempt from these rulings coming into effect on Thursday 24th September and therefore group ratios are uneffected
- Juniors Players are to be dropped off and collected at the gate. Met by their coach.
- No spectating is currently allowed indoors
- Spectating (outside courts) is not encouraged. If spectating is required adherence to social distancing rules must be followed and will be monitored by staff and coaches.
- Advise for parents/guardians is to return to their own cars to wait
Adult tennis Activities – Indoor and outdoor Tennis
- When participating in any tennis activity indoors or outdoors, participants must not mingle in groups of more than six, before and after the activity, while maintaining social distancing with those from another household at all times.
- informal social play group size is limited to a maximum of six people by law. This refers to when you privately book a court at the club and play in a group
- organised indoor group tennis activity for adults (including coached sessions held indoors) can take place in larger numbers than 6 in COVID-19 secure venues, provided sub-groups of more than six do not mix, while maintaining social distancing with those from another household at all times.
- Coaches will enforce these guidelines and we ask for your cooperation
- Players not adhering to these rules will be challenged by representatives of the club and could be asked to leave if seen not the be following the rules
Clubhouse – Access Limited
- The clubhouse access is limited to the use of the toilet facilities and for payment of activities only
- It can not be used at this time for spectators