Knebworth Parish News Article - March 2020
Mon, 16 Mar 2020 00:00
The poor winter weather has reduced play significantly although the windy weather dried out courts so play has often been possible. However, we have had well attended Friday evening indoor tournaments using the Gosling facilities at Welwyn Garden City which have been kindly arranged by Lis and Mark Clifford.
The coronavirus threat, while disrupting so much, should not have too much impact on our forthcoming outdoor summer activities and the Club has some positive good news.
- Courts – The Knebworth Village Trust have generously supported our plans to upgrade our tennis courts so we can have all-weather surfaces. The first phase is about to start at the end of April with the upper two courts being re-laid with a carpet style of surface. This will mean a slight disruption to some activities for 2-3 weeks as we will have only two courts available.
- Coaching – we are delighted that Dan Clegg, who coaches at Odyssey, is taking over now as our coach. Group and individual coaching is available for both members and non- members. For enquiries please contact email@example.com
- Adults – group sessions - Wednesday evenings – 7.00-8.00 pm beginners and intermediates and 8.00-9.00pm advanced.
- Juniors – group sessions – Saturday mornings from 25th April - 10.00-11.00.
- Summer Sunday tournaments, Datchworth league matches and the Club Championship matches all now start in April so there should be plenty of activity at the Club, including the regular Thursday evening Club nights.
For those interested in finding out a bit more about the Club they can either look at the website www.knebworthtennisclub.co.uk , contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively drop by the Club in the Recreation Ground and talk to members – good times would be on a Sunday afternoon or a Thursday evening when there is usually plenty of activity.