Courts Reopening 22nd June
Wed, 29 Apr 2020 00:00
Great news! Following the Welsh Government update, our courts are reopening on Monday 22nd June (they will remain locked until this time).
The court booking system on our website goes live Saturday 20th June at 12 noon. Please use your Clubspark login details to make all bookings and ensure you have read the following rules we have put in place in order to comply with Welsh Government / LTA Restrictions.
COURT BOOKINGS / PRIVATE PLAY
- Each slot is 60 minutes long, for which you should vacate your court 10 minutes early to avoid cross-over with incoming players.
- Please limit your play to 1 session per day / 3 sessions per week maximum.
- Both Singles and Doubles play is permitted (doubles partners should be from the same household).
- Drop-In club sessions will not run but members are encouraged to arrange games at these times.
- Each player should bring their own tennis balls with their initials on to handle/serve. To send someone else’s ball back to them, please kick / roll / flick up and hit it. Balls are for sale and hand sanitiser will be made available on-site if there is a key holding commitee member available. Otherwise please ensure you bring some with you.
- Courts 1-2 should be accessed through the pavillion-end gate, Court 3 through through the leisure-centre end.
- All court fixtures have been removed and gates can be left ajar to avoid contact points.
- The clubhouse remains closed.
- Please observe and adhered to all on-site signage and markings.
- View the Tennis Squad Infographic on playing safely.
- 1-1 coaching is also available from Monday 22nd June with Chris George or Rob Wedlake.
- To comply with court booking regulations, all coaching sessions will last 50 minutes.
- Sessions can only run for Orange ball and upwards (typically aged 8-9 upwards), to ensure safe distancing between coach and player.
- Each coach has their own supplies of initialled tennis balls which the participant will not be able to touch at any time. They should bring their own initialled tennis balls for serving practice.
- Find out more by reading our Private Coaching Summary or emailing Tennis Squad