Welcome to Malton Lawn Tennis Club
Malton Lawn Tennis Club is part of the overall organisation, Malton Tennis, Bowls and Squash Club, and is situated close to Malton town centre, on the road towards Old Malton. The courts are located in a beautiful setting surrounded by trees, on the corner of East Mount, opposite a row of almshouses which stand next to the historic Old Lodge Hotel.
We have 5 good grass courts and 2 hard courts which were resurfaced and refenced in May 2016. We also have and 2 floodlit shale courts. However, these are scheduled to be completely renovated with a new hard court surface during March and April 2018.
We share a clubhouse, including a bar and large social area, with Malton Squash Club. The site is also shared with Malton Bowls Club, who have their own pavillion, adjacent to the hard courts.
We have an Adult membership of 70 and a particularly strong and active Junior membership with around 100 members.
Tennis play is accessible for all levels. A number of groups meet regularly each week to play social tennis during Club mornings, afternoons and evenings. In addition, for those who would also like an element of competition in their play, the Club fields three Ladies' teams, three Men's teams and three Mixed Doubles teams which play in three local leagues.
Junior teams also participate in Junior leagues when these are in operation.
We look forward to welcoming you to our Club and seeing you on court.
For general enquiries, please contact Kevin Dunne, the Club Secretary: email email@example.com
For further information on who else to contact, click here Contacts
For information on memberships click here Memberships
Calendar for remainder of the year
Captains’ Meeting: Thursday, 25 January 2018 at 7.30pm in the Clubhouse.
Pre-season Team Practices: Thursdays 12 & 19 April 2018, at 6.00pm.
2018 AGM: Wednesday 10 October 2018 at 7.00pm in the Clubhouse.
Here are some of the benefits of joining our Tennis Club
- Free court usage throughout the year
- 5 excellent grass courts
- 2 excellent hard courts newly resurfaced in May 2016.
- 2 Floodlight shale courts especially useful for evening use during winter months (floodlights charge is £2 per person per session for Adult Members and £1 for Juniors)
- Enter the annual draw to buy coveted Wimbledon tickets (members must have joined the British Tennis to be eligible). To join, click here https://www3.lta.org.uk/Members/Join/
- Use of the Club ball machine to practice your shots (safety restrictions apply)
- Social tennis on Sunday and Tuesday mornings,Tuesday and Thursday evenings , and Wednesday afternoons. All abilities are welcome
- 3 men's teams, 3 mixed teams and 3 ladies' teams in various local leagues which run April to end of July. All abilities are welcome to try out for teams
- Bar in the clubhouse
- Social events organised throughout the year
- We have a range of membership options available for adults, couples, families and juniors
- Our membership year runs from 1st April to the end of March of the following year. For new Tennis Members who join after 1st October a short season fee of £45 applies
- The LTA offers free membership to all Malton LTC Members. Please take a few minutes to join via the LTA website.
For more information, please contact:
Club Secretary: - firstname.lastname@example.org
How to find us
Old Maltongate MALTON Yorkshire YO17 7EG