Welcome to Malton Lawn Tennis Club
Malton Lawn Tennis Club is part of the overall organisation, Malton Tennis, Bowls and Squash Club, and is situated close to Malton town centre, on the road towards Old Malton. The courts are located in a beautiful setting surrounded by trees, on the corner of East Mount, opposite a row of almshouses which stand next to the historic Old Lodge Hotel.
We have 5 good grass courts and 4 hard courts. 2 of the hard courts were resurfaced and re-fenced in May 2016. The other 2 hard courts are new and were officially opened in June 2018. These 2 courts are floodlit allowing play during the dark nights throughout autumn, winter and early spring.
We share a clubhouse, including a bar and large social area, with Malton Squash Club. The site is also shared with Malton Bowls Club http://www.maltonbowlsclub.org who have their own pavillion, adjacent to the hard courts.
We have an Adult membership of 80 and a strong and active Junior membership with around 80 members.
Tennis play is accessible for all levels. A number of groups meet regularly each week to play social tennis during Club mornings, afternoons and evenings. In addition, for those who would also like an element of competition in their play, the Club fields three Ladies' teams, three Men's teams and three Mixed Doubles teams which play in three local leagues.
Junior teams also participate in Junior leagues when these are in operation.
We look forward to welcoming you to our Club and seeing you on court.
For general enquiries, contact Kevin Dunne, the Club Secretary: email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on who else to contact, click here Contacts
MLTC is grateful and thanks all its sponsors for advertising in our Club and on our website. They are making a valuable contribution to the success of tennis in Malton and the surrounding area.
Swinton Technology http://www.swintontechnology.com
Crombie Wilkinson Solicitors http://www.crombiewilkinson.co.uk
Harrison and Hargreaves http://www.harrison-hargreaves.com
W Boyes & Co Ltd http://www.boyes.co.uk
Ashley Cooke Carpets http://www.ashleycooke.co.uk
Raymac Signs Ltd http://www.raymac.co.uk
I T Sports http://www.itsports.co.uk
Tate Smith http://www.derventiowines.co.uk
Harrison Hire & Sales http://www.hhands.co.uk
Repair & Restoration http://www.randrltd.co.uk
R Yates & Sons Ltd http://www.yatesonline.co.uk
White & Hoggard Accountants http://www.whitehoggard.co.uk
Royal Dry Cleaners, Malton email@example.com
Newitts Sports http://www.newitts.com
Malton Fisheries, Finkle Street , Malton 01653 693406
Calendar for the year
Captains' meeting Thursday 25th January at 7:30pm in the Clubhouse
Committee meeting: Tuesday, 6th March at 7:00pm in the Clubhouse
Juniors Easter Coaching Camp: 9th and 10th April 9:30 am - 12 noon for Juniors aged 5 - 16
Pre-season Team Practices:
- Mixed Doubles Teams: Mondays 9th & 16th April, at 6:00pm to 8:00pm
- Ladies Teams: Wednesdays 11th & 18th April 2018, at 6:00pm to 8:00pm
- Mens teams: Thursdays 12th & 19th April 2018, at 6:00pm to 8:00pm
- Hovingham League Ladies Teams practice & social: Saturday 21 April 2018, 2:30-4:30pm
Hovingham Mixed Doubles League starts Monday 23rd April 2018
Wimbledon ticket ballot Saturday 28th April at 12 noon in the Clubhouse
Junior Coaching May half term camps: Tuesday 29th May - Thursday 31st May - 9.30 am-12.00 noon
Opening of new hard courts 7 & 8: Saturday 9th June 12 noon
Late Spring Classic Mixed Doubles Competition: Sunday 10th June 3.00 pm
Junior Singles Tournament: Saturday 16th June 9.00 am-4.00 pm
Committee meeting: Tuesday 19 June at 7:00pm in the Clubhouse
Junior doubles tournament and summer party: Saturday 14th July - 12.00 noon - 4.00 pm
Mixed Up Doubles Tournament with music, BBQ & food: Sunday 22nd July 3:00 - 7:00 pm
Junior Davis Cup: Monday 23rd July 9.30 am - 4.00 pm
Summer Camps for Juniors: Monday 23rd July - Friday 27th July
Monday 30th July - Friday 3rd August
Monday 6th August - Friday 10th August
(see booking forms for more details. Places must be booked)
2018 AGM: Wednesday 10 October 2018 at 7.00pm in the Clubhouse.
Here are some of the benefits of joining our Tennis Club
- Free court usage throughout the year
- 5 good grass courts
- 4 excellent hard courts. 2 newly resurfaced in May 2016 and 2 new floodlit hard courts which opened in June 2018
- Free LTA membership for all Malton LTC Members through which you become a British Tennis Member. Please take a few minutes to join via the LTA website
- Enter the annual draw to buy coveted Wimbledon tickets (Members must be a British Tennis Member to be eligible). To join, click the LTA website link above
- Use of the Club ball machine to practice your shots (safety restrictions apply)
- Social tennis on Sunday and Tuesday mornings, Tuesday and Thursday evenings, and Wednesday afternoons. All abilities are welcome
- 3 men's teams, 3 mixed teams and 3 ladies' teams in various local leagues which run April to end of July. All abilities are welcome to try out for teams
- Club competitions and social events organised during the year
- Bar, changing rooms and toilets in the Clubhouse
- A range of membership options available for families, adults and juniors
- Our membership year runs from 1st April to the end of March of the following year. For new Tennis Members who join after 1st October a short season fee of £45 applies
For more information please contact:
Club Membership Secretary: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to find us
Old Maltongate MALTON Yorkshire YO17 7EG