Welcome to Malton Lawn Tennis Club
Introduction to MLTC and its sponsors
Malton Lawn Tennis Club is part of the overall organisation, Malton Tennis, Bowls and Squash Club, and is situated close to Malton town centre, on the road towards Old Malton. The courts are located in a beautiful setting surrounded by trees, on the corner of East Mount, opposite a row of almshouses which stand next to the historic Old Lodge Hotel.
We have 5 good grass courts and 4 hard courts. 2 of the hard courts were resurfaced and re-fenced in May 2016. The other 2 hard courts are new and were officially opened in June 2018. These 2 courts are floodlit allowing play during the dark nights throughout autumn, winter and early spring.
We share a clubhouse, including a bar and social area, with Malton Squash Club. The site is also shared with Malton Bowls Club http://www.maltonbowlsclub.org who have their own pavillion, adjacent to the hard courts.
We have an Adult membership of 95 and a strong and active Junior membership with 70 members. Tennis play is accessible for all levels. A number of groups meet regularly each week to play social tennis during Club mornings, afternoons and evenings. In addition, for those who would also like an element of competition in their play, the Club fields three Ladies' teams, three Men's teams and three Mixed Doubles teams which play in three local leagues.
Junior teams also participate in Junior leagues when these are in operation.
We look forward to welcoming you to our Club and seeing you on court.
For general enquiries, contact Kevin Dunne, the Club Secretary: email firstname.lastname@example.org
For all membership enquiries contact Richard Green, the Club Membership Secretary - email@example.com and for further information about joining the Club click here Memberships
For more information on who else to contact, click here Contacts
MLTC is grateful and thanks all its sponsors for advertising in our Club and on our website. They are making a valuable contribution to the success of tennis in Malton and the surrounding area.
Swinton Technology http://www.swintontechnology.com
Crombie Wilkinson Solicitors http://www.crombiewilkinson.co.uk
W Boyes & Co Ltd http://www.boyes.co.uk
Ashley Cooke Carpets http://www.ashleycooke.co.uk
I T Sports http://www.itsports.co.uk
Harrison Hire & Sales http://www.hhands.co.uk
Repair & Restoration http://www.randrltd.co.uk
White & Hoggard Accountants http://www.whitehoggard.co.uk
Royal Dry Cleaners, Malton firstname.lastname@example.org
Newitts Sports http://www.newitts.com
Malton Fisheries, Finkle Street , Malton 01653 693406
Northern Ride, Malton http://www.northernride.com
Ian Brown Tyres http://www.ianbrowntyres.co.uk
Calendar of Events
Tuesday Club nights for all members commence 23rd April
Committee meeting: Tuesday 9th July at 7:00pm in the Clubhouse
Summer holidays tennis camps: Our summer programme for 2019 for 5-16 year olds over 4 weeks Mondays to Fridays, 22nd July 2019 - 16th August 2019 9:30 am - 12 noon
Committee meeting: Tuesday 8th October at 7:00pm in the Clubhouse
2019 Tennis AGM & Committee Meeting: Tuesday 3rd December 2019 at 7.00pm in the Clubhouse. Committee Meeting to follow AGM.
Main benefits of joining our Tennis Club
- Free court usage throughout the year
- 5 good grass courts
- 4 excellent hard courts. 2 newly resurfaced in May 2016 and 2 new floodlit hard courts which opened in June 2018
- Free LTA membership for all Malton LTC Members through which you become a British Tennis Member. Please take a few minutes to join via the LTA website
- Enter the annual draw to buy coveted Wimbledon tickets (Members must be a British Tennis Member to be eligible). To join, click the LTA website link above
- Use of the Club ball machine to practice your shots (safety restrictions apply)
- Social tennis on Sunday and Tuesday mornings, Tuesday and Thursday evenings, and Wednesday afternoons. All abilities are welcome
- 4 men's teams, 3 mixed teams and 3 ladies' teams in various local leagues which run April to end of July. All abilities are welcome to try out for teams
- Club competitions and social events organised during the year
- Bar, changing rooms and toilets in the Clubhouse
- A range of membership options available for families, adults and juniors
- Our membership year runs from 1st April to the end of March of the following year. For new Tennis Members who join after 1st October a short season fee of £45 applies
For more information please contact:
Club Membership Secretary: email@example.com
How to find us
Old Maltongate MALTON Yorkshire YO17 7EG