Guidelines for play
We would be most grateful if members could follow the following guidelines closely:
- Both singles play and doubles play is now permitted with people from outside of your household, as long as you remain 2 metres apart as far as possible – meaning that four people from different households can now play doubles.
- For doubles, consider agreeing in advance which player will take the shot if a ball travels to the centre of the court.
- Please use a glove to handle the gate.
- Use the hand sanitiser provided.
- Please do not change ends.
- Maintain a physical distance of 2m at all times.
- Players do not now need to use their own clearly marked tennis balls – however, if you choose to use shared balls then extra care must be taken to ensure you do not touch your face during play, and you should clean your hands before play and immediately after finishing (use alcohol gel if required)
- Players should still avoid using their hands to pick up tennis balls from other courts where possible - use your racquet/foot to return them
- The net will be set at the correct height, so there should be no need to handle it.
- The Clubhouse and the Tennis Hut remain closed.
- The ball machine is not to be used.
- Coached sessions should be limited to groups of no more than 6 people, including the coach(es).
As part of our COVID distancing and safeguarding measures Juniors Members under the age of 16 are only allowed to play with an Adult Member or other Members over 16 years old.
The fee for non-members to use the courts is £3 per person per hour. A non member can play for 3 TIMES ONLY then they will have to become a member of the Club. This is for occasional play or as a taster for becoming a member.
Members are kindly asked observe an honour system and to collect any non-member fees. These should be handed in an envelope to a Committee member with a covering note and the contact details of the non-member. A name and mobile number will suffice.