The latest update - 01/06/20
Since our announcment of courts opening from Saturday 23rd May. We have seen some members starting to play tennis again. We also warmly welcomed new members and visiting players.
Following the further easing of restrictions in England from 1 June announced by the Prime Minister, LTA made some changes to the last issue of their guidelines to tennis venues, coaches and players. The full guidelines can be found on LTA website, Coronavirus (COVID-19) page. To keep in line with LTA, we made the following key changes to our Manor Road Rules & Guidance for Re-opening Courts (the full version of our guidelines can be downloaded from Guidelines page):
- Players from different households can now play doubles together as long as they stay two metres apart as far as possible
- Players do not now need to use their own clearly marked tennis balls. However, if you choose to use shared balls rather than use your own marked balls then extra care must be taken to ensure that you do not touch your face during play.
- Mall group coaching for up to six people (including coaches) can resume
- For doubles, consider agreeing in advance which player will take the shot if a ball travels to the centre of the court
- Spectators in the Club grounds are limited to parents supervising juniors with social distancing being observed
- Ensure you have booked a court prior to your play. Bookings can be made from Manor Road Tennis Club website and ClubSpark Booker app. You must sign in using the ClubSpark account you If you are playing with a visiting player, please make sure the Visiting Player Registration Form is filled and submitted (you will find a link to this form on the Booking page).