Coronavirus communication No.5
Tue, 02 Jun 2020 00:00
As from Monday 1st June 2020, the LTA have advised tennis clubs that doubles can be played with members from different households as long as social distancing rules are adhered to.
Having reviewed the guidelines, the rules we have in place as set out below are still required to be followed when playing on the courts for singles or doubles.
Play is only permitted as singles or doubles organised by individuals; there will not be any club events including club night and the Wednesday morning mix in.
To ensure we comply with government guidelines on social distancing members can play tennis as long as all government rules and guidance as may from time to time be in force are rigorously observed by all members when accessing the courts.
Until further notice the following rules apply:
- Booking a court is not possible to avoid members having to handle the notice boards and booking sheets. Playing on a court is on a first come first serve basis and we ask members to be considerate to others and to limit play to 30 minutes if members are waiting
- Singles and doubles can be played when organised on an individual basis, no club events to be run.
- All 3 courts can be used at the same time, keep your distance from players on other courts, including not sitting on the benches at the court side
- Use your own tennis balls at all times and take them with you when you leave the courts. Mark your balls and do not pick up balls in use on another court
- Leave the nets up so as not to have to touch the net handle or measure stick
- The club does not have cleaning personnel and nor can it provide members with cleaning products and equipment. Therefore, it is the responsibility of members when using the courts to use sanitiser and/or wipes to clean all common touch point surfaces including but not limited to the padlocks, court gates, floodlight cupboard and floodlight switches
- For the reasons above the outside toilet is out of use. There is still access to the defibrillator located in the toilet
- No high fives or handshakes on court with individuals outside your household, keep your social distance
- The club house will not be open and you must leave directly after your game
We will continue to be directed by the LTA on all of the above over the coming weeks and will let you know of any changes to the rules as soon as we know.