Opening for play 29th March Covid-19 rules
Wed, 24 Mar 2021 00:00
As from Monday 29th March the tennis courts will be open once again for play with the restrictions that were in place before this current lockdown phase.
Booking a court is mandatory to comply with track and tracing, therefore booking a court can commence from Monday 22nd March.
The following rules must be followed when playing on the courts and will remain in place until we hear anything further from the LTA:
- Booking a court online in advance of play is essential. The booking must contain the names of all participants playing including guests.
- Singles and doubles can be played when organised on an individual basis, no club events will be run.
- All 3 courts can be used at the same time, keep your distance from players on other courts, including not sitting on the benches at the court side
- Use your own tennis balls at all times and take them with you when you leave the courts. Mark your balls and do not pick up balls in use on another court
- Leave the nets up so as not to have to touch the net handle or measure stick
- The club does not have cleaning personnel and nor can it provide members with cleaning products and equipment. Therefore, it is the responsibility of members when using the courts to use sanitiser and/or wipes to clean all common touch point surfaces including but not limited to the padlocks, court gates, floodlight cupboard and floodlight switches
- The outside toilet will be in use; however the clubhouse will not be open.
- No high fives or handshakes on court with individuals outside your household, keep your social distance
- Members must leave after their game; no socialising around the clubhouse can take place.
Please take care and keep safe when playing tennis.
Mary and Jane
Chair/Dep Chair Medbourne tennis Club