January 2019 Newsletter
Sun 27 Jan 2019
JANUARY 2019 NEWSLETTER
Dear all, A Very happy New Year! Though it is January Medbourne Tennis Club has been very busy indeed! The coaching programmes, club nights ongoing, and socials have been well frequented.
The Fish and Chip evening was a great success, thanks to those who helped organise it and supported the event.
Thanks to Louise and Julia for hosting a delightful ‘Wednesday ladies Xmas party’
Please sign opt in for the Wimbledon Ballot by 22nd February. The more of us who do – the more likely we are to get tickets! The date for the Wimbledon Ballot draw will be announced soon.
AGM HELD ON TUESDAY 22ND JANUARY 2019
The 45th AGM of the club took place last week despite the cold and wintry weather, the highlights of the meeting were:
- The match Secretary’s report was very positive for all our teams; the Ladies I team and the Men’s I team both gained promotion in the summer league as did the Ladies winter league team. The club will enter a Ladies III team in the summer league due to the number of ladies wishing to play.
- Membership fees will increase to £95.00 for adults and £160.00 for family membership, the £10.00 discount for early payment will still apply. The junior and country membership will remain the same.
- The current committee were all re-elected for the coming year and will be joined by Helen Bradshaw who was elected onto the committee at the meeting.
COURT ENVIRONS AND MAINTENANCE.
The committee has been very busy updating the courts and surrounds:
- The screen to block glare on to court one is underway. The posts are up and all fencing was checked over at this time.
- The lights are all functioning now, having been serviced and have spikes to prevent birds enjoying the view!
- The path near the courts has been paved and is duly much neater and safer.
- Work is ongoing to improve the noticeboard situation.
- Thanks to all concerned with these jobs – they make a real difference
Keep playing enjoying your tennis and fresh air till Spring!