** Updated 27 Jul 2020 **
We have revised our previous guidance as restrictions have been lifted. The club is open in accordance with Scottish Government & LTA and Tennis Scotland guidelines to ensure the safety and well being of all members. Please make sure you are familiar with, and follow, the guidance below. We will continue to update this guidance as necessary.
If you have any issues then please email [email protected]
To help everyone stay safe please read and follow the points carefully:
- The courts will be open daily from 07:30 to 21:30
- Singles and doubles play is allowed. If you are over 18 and your partner is in another household, you must try to keep a 2m distance from them at all times.
- You must adhere to the current Scottish Govt guidelines around the number of people you meet in one day. Currently you should not meet people from more than 4 other households in total each day (whether indoors and/or outdoors).
- *Updated*Guests can play with a member for a fee. Full details are at the bottom of the Court booking page.
- To aid physical distancing a one way system is in place in the club grounds - entering at the Pentland Terrace gate (at the top of the steps) and leaving at the Braid Road end
- *Updated* The club house will remain closed until further notice and should only be entered for the purpose of emergency first aid. You may now also enter the lobby to put tokens in the floodlight meter. Please sanitise your hands before and after being in the clubhouse.
- Members under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult
- Please follow advice given on posters at the club
- All courts must be booked in advance using the ClubSpark website and members should not turn up at the club unless they have a booking. All members should have access to ClubSpark. If you are having difficulty accessing or booking a court then please contact the club via email [email protected]
- Court 1 is reserved for members with disabilities, minis and families. The net will be fixed to a lower height. Please do not book this court unless you are one of these categories.
- Members are permitted to make four bookings in a 7 day period.
- All bookings are for one hour however play should last 55 minutes - the last 5 minutes is to allow for plenty of time for players to gather their belonging and leave the courts using the one way system. All players should leave the courts before the next set of members arrive
Arriving at the club
- Players should aim to arrive at the club on time and not early or late to help maintain social distancing. Please be prepared for your visit and use the toilet before you leave the house as toilet facilities will be closed. Fill your water bottle at home and please bring along your own hand sanitiser.
- Please enter the the club from the Pentland Terrace entrance. The mini court and practice wall are out of use until further notice, apart from the summer camps.
- If you do have to wait for the courts to clear then please wait away from other people, maintaining social distancing
- Do not go onto your court until the previous players have left.
- Enter the courts through the gate in court 4 (nearest clubhouse)
- Members with a disability may access the club via the Braid Road entrance to play on court 1.
- Players do not now need to use their own clearly marked tennis balls – however, if you choose to use shared balls then extra care must be taken to ensure you do not touch your face during play, and you should clean your hands before play and immediately after finishing (use alcohol gel if required). Players should still avoid using their hands to pick up tennis balls from other courts where possible - use your racquet/foot to return them.
- * Updated* Do not touch gates or the nets other than to lock or unlock the gates.
- * Updated* Volunteers will disinfect surfaces and will regularly check the height of the nets. There are no chairs, net winders, net measures, brushes or any other items on the court. Leave gates open at all times.
- Do not chase down balls onto an adjacent court.
- Finish play 10 minutes before the end of your booking slot, make sure you have all your things and leave the court. Please take all litter home with you.
- Leave the courts through the gate in court 1 and exit the club at the Braid Road end.
- *Updated* If you are the last to leave the courts please lock the gates on both court 1 and court 4.
- Sanitise your hands after play
- Wipe down your equipment when you get home