The club is now open in accordance with LTA and Tennis Scotland guidelines to ensure the safety and well being of all members. There are some significant changes to the way that we access the courts and the manner in which we play so it is imperative that all members read the guidance below. The guidance outlined will be reviewed on a regular basis as we gain further guidance from the LTA as well as feedback from our members.
We don't expect everything to be perfect right away and hope that you will be patient as we all get used to the new ways of playing. If you have any issues then please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Enjoy being back on court!
To help everyone stay safe please read and follow the points carefully:
- The courts will be open daily from 07:30 to 21:30
- Maximum of two people per court (singles play only) - players can be from different households. The only exception to this is that doubles can be played between 2 household groups or 4 players from the same household
- Visitors are not permitted to play at this moment in time however this may be revised in the coming weeks
- To aid social distancing a one way system will be used in the club grounds - entering at the Comiston Road gate and leaving at the Braid Road end
- The club house will remain closed until further notice and should only be entered for the purpose of emergency first aid.
- Members under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult
- Please follow advice given on posters at the club
- All courts must be booked in advance using the ClubSpark website and members should not turn up at the club unless they have a booking. All members should have access to ClubSpark. If you are having difficulty accessing or booking a court then please contact the club via email email@example.com
- Court 1 is reserved for members with disabilities, minis and families. The net will be fixed to a lower height. Please do not book this court unless you are one of these categories.
- Members will be permitted to make four bookings in a 7 day period. This allowance may increase quickly but in the interim it allows everyone a fair opportunity to play until we get a better idea of demand.
- All bookings are for one hour however play should last 50 minutes - the last 10 minutes is to allow for plenty of time for players to gather their belonging and vacate the courts using the one way system. All players should vacate the courts before the next set of members arrive
Arriving at the club
- Players should aim to arrive at the club on time and not early or late to help maintain social distancing. Please be prepared for your visit and use the toilet before you leave the house as toilet facilities will be closed. Fill your water bottle at home and please bring along your own hand sanitiser.
- Please enter the the club from the Comiston Road entrance. The mini court and practice wall are out of use until further notice.
- If you do have to wait for the courts to clear then please wait on the mini court, maintaining social distancing
- Enter the courts through the gate in court 4 (nearest clubhouse)
- Members with a disability may access the club via the Braid Road entrance to play on court 1.
- ** Updated** You no longer have to use your own tennis balls. Players do not now need to use their own clearly marked tennis balls – however, if you choose to use shared balls then extra care must be taken to ensure you do not touch your face during play, and you should clean your hands before play and immediately after finishing (use alcohol gel if required). Players should still avoid using their hands to pick up tennis balls from other courts where possible - use your racquet/foot to return them.
- Do not touch gates or the nets. Volunteers will close the courts each evening, disinfect surfaces and will regularly check the height of the nets. There will be no chairs, net handles, net measures, brushes or any other items on the court. Leave gates open at all times.
- Do not chase down balls onto an adjacent court.
- Finish play 10 minutes before the end of your booking slot, make sure you have all your things and leave the court. Please take all litter home with you.
- Leave the courts through the gate in court 1 and exit the club at the Braid Road end.
- Sanitise your hands after play
- Wipe down your equipment when you get home