COVID-19 Measures: Returning To Tennis
A guide to returning to the sport at North Elmham Tennis Club.
On 13 May 2020*, the Government permitted tennis clubs to reopen for restricted play in an arrangement to slowly relax the lockdown measures related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Government, Lawn Tennis Association (as of 13 July 2020) permit:
- Singles play between a member outside of your household;
- Doubles play with members of different households;
- Individual or group coaching (up to 15 children, five adults);
- Adult club social sessions (Wednesdays, Fridays, Sundays);
- Member access to clubhouses/pavilions.
Existing members can now renew their membership for 2020/21 (1 July 2020 to 30 April 2021) at a pro-rata rate.
Temporary membership is available for July and August 2020.
Court Access & Pavilion
All Club gates, door handles, net posts and toilets are sanitised on a regular basis. The kitchen area of the pavilion can now be accessed using a fob. If required, the first aid box is available in the ladies toilets.
Please strictly adhere to the following guidelines at the Club:
- Book your court in advance, using the online booking system. Courts can be booked between 8 a.m. and 9 p.m. each day;
- Parents are asked to please sit on the cricket outfield (not beside the pavilion);
- Travel to the club alone or only with a member(s) of your household;
- Wash or sanitise your hands prior to leaving your house, before and after play (consider bringing your own towel if you don't have sanitiser);
- Bring your own equipment and water bottle;
- Supply your own tennis balls (Buy Here)
- Players do not need to initial their own tennis balls. However, if you choose to use shared balls then extra care must be taken to ensure you do not touch your face during play, and you should clean your hands before play and immediately after finishing;
- Use your racquet or a foot to return tennis balls to other courts;
- Do not adjust the height of the tennis net (it will be maintained at the appropriate height on a daily basis);
- Avoid changing ends or change at opposite sides of the net;
- Do not shake hands or high five at the end of your game;
- The pavilion's toilets will be open each day; the kitchen area should only be accessed in an emergency;
- One you finish playing, please ensure that you have not left anything on the court. Do not gather to socialise beside the pavilion, patio areas;
- Use common sense and always follow social distancing rules.
Individual & Group Coaching
If you wish to have an individual lesson, please contact LTA Level 3 coach Chris Sanders on 07940 428 002. It is your responsibility to book a court. Junior group lessons restart on 4 August 2020 and adult coaching resumes on 22 September 2020.
Chairman, North Elmham Tennis Club
* This page will be updated on a regular basis in according to Government, LTA guidance on outdoor activity and exercise. Last update: 17 July 2020.