UPDATE JUNE 10th 2020
Following the recent lifting of restrictions, the Committee have finally met to discuss the current situation and how to move forward in as safe as possible environment to hopefully enable members to enjoy their tennis.
After a thorough Risk Assessment of the courts and surrounding facilities we now feel able to issue members with the following information. These guidelines, adaptations and considerations, including measures to maintain hygiene and minimise unnecessary interactions, apply so tennis can be enjoyed in a way which is in line with Government advice, LTA guidelines and should help to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
We ask that you thoroughly wash your hands before arriving at the Club. The toilets in the clubhouse are now open. A hand sanitiser station has be installed at the top of the steps to the courts for all to use. We would still encourage you to bring along your own hand sanitiser as well.
We have already been thoroughly cleaning common touchpoints and this will continue daily. This will include, but not be limited to, door handles, handrails and gates, please minimise touching surfaces, where possible.
- Removal of benches from court side. This is recommended by the LTA and is to discourage players congregating around the benches and minimising the risk of cross-contamination. Please ensure tennis bags and other personal belongings are placed two metres apart from other players’ (not in your household) belongings.
- Net winders to be removed from courts. Net heights will be checked regularly. This is also to help minimise the risk of cross contamination.
- Gates will continue to remain open at all times.
- Courts that require dragging (the clay courts), will be dragged by Tony Pratt only.
- Additional COVID information posters around the Club premises
We pride ourselves on the wonderful social tennis at NCLTC and as such we are happy that this is now able to continue.
The LTA guidelines are clear social tennis can continue if carefully arranged and managed. As such the 2m social distancing rule must be adhered to at all times on court and off.
We recommend, to minimise contact, the following guidelines to enable safe ‘mixing in’ for doubles;
1)If numbers permit ‘mix in’ for the first 2 sets within the same four.
2)After that each couple just ‘mix in’ with 2 other players. This will restrict your session to playing with 5 other players.
We understand if players are waiting you should allow them to join in. In this case please try to ‘mix in’ with only 5 other players during your session.
- Please maintain social distancing (2m rule) at all times.
- Please gently remind those that are not socially distancing, to do so.
- We politely ask that if you have played at NCLTC and then develop symptoms of COVID-19 or are diagnosed with COVID-19, that you contact the Committee to ensure that the Government’s ‘test and trace’ guidelines are met.
- Please do not congregate on or around the court before or after play.
- Any measures implemented may be changed quickly if tighter restrictions are reintroduced by the Government
- Players do not need to use their own tennis balls – if you choose to use shared balls extra care must be taken to ensure you do not touch your face during play, and you clean your hands before play and immediately after finishing). If you would like to use your own balls, please advise other players at the start of play.
- Players should still avoid using their hands to pick up tennis balls from other courts where possible - use your racquet/foot to return them.
- Please do not bring spectators. Where attendance of a non-participant (for juniors or those with additional needs) please limit to one person where possible.
In these challenging times, we thank you for your continued support and your adherence to the guidelines outlined above.
Please continue to treat all of your fellow members with respect and understand that some may feel apprehensive about returning to play