COURT BOOKINGS NOW AVAILABLE ...
Courts are available for booking by members and non members.
Non members can access the courts by contacting Davis Opticians on Olney High Street where they can book a court by paying £10 per hour and a £20 deposit for the court key.
Court bookings run on a 7 day basis.
RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR USING THE COURTS
- Take hand sanitizer with you
- Take all your own equipment (do not share equipment such as rackets, grips, hats and towels)
- Only take the minimum amount of equipment with you that you need to play
- Clean and wipe down your equipment, including racquets and water bottles before and after use
- Bring a full water bottle, and do not share food or drink with others
- Bring your own tennis balls that are clearly marked (e.g. with your initials)
- Ensure you take all your belongings with you at the end of the session.
TRAVELLING TO AND FROM THE COURT
- Avoid using public transport
- Arrive as close as possible to when you need to be there
- Avoid touching court gates, fences, benches, etc. if you can
- Allow others to leave before you enter the court - if you need to wait then do so away from the courts and clear of the gates
- Ensure you leave the court before the end of your allotted time so that it is empty for the next players
- Do not congregate after playing. No extra-curricular or social activity should take place
- Maximum of four people per court, players can be from different households
MAINTAIN SOCIAL DISTANCING
- Stay at least two metres away from other players at all times (including during play, when taking breaks and before and after play)
- Do not make physical contact with other players (such as shaking hands or high five)
- Stay on your side of court and avoid changing ends, or agree to change ends at opposite sides of the net
- Avoid chasing the ball down to another court if other players are using it
EQUIPMENT & FACILITIES
- Use your own clearly marked tennis balls
- Avoid using your hands to pick up tennis balls that aren’t yours - use your
- racquet/foot to hit/kick them to your opponent or return them to another court
- Avoid using other equipment such as courtside benches or net handles
- If you need to sneeze or cough, do so into a tissue or upper sleeve
- Avoid touching your face
Court Usage Rules
• Courts are for use by club members, or members of the public who have paid the court hire fee.
• Members may bring a guest to play once or twice only. After that the guest must become a member of the club to play again.
• Please treat the courts and facilities with great care and respect.
• All players are expected to follow the LTA's code of conduct, and be courteous to other members/players of ALL ages.
• Do not leave any litter on the courts.
• If you use the clubhouse, please wash up any crockery you use and leave it in a tidy and clean state.
• If you are the last to leave, please make sure the courts are locked, the floodlights are off and the clubhouse is locked.
• Please report any issues with the courts or clubhouse to the committee immediately, so that it can be addressed.
Club Tennis Balls
Club balls are for the sessions organised for Club Members on Tuesday evenings, Wednesday mornings and Sunday afternoons. Please bring your own tennis balls to play at all other times.
Thank you, and enjoy your tennis!
If you are having trouble booking a court, as you do not appear to have permission, please check the following:
- On the black bar at the top, under your account name, check that the account name you are using is for the club member. This is important if you are non-member parent of a child who is a member.
- If you are a captain, check that you are viewing the booking sheet as a captain, rather than a member. Check the dark grey box top right of the page.