COVID 19 Guidelines
We have all been keenly watching for news on when we will again be able to play, and whilst the Government announced on 10th May that tennis would be allowed from Wednesday 13th May, the preparations that we had been working on for several weeks, needed to be fine tuned. We are sorry for the additional few days of closure, but wanted to make sure that the measures we are introducing are as relevant as possible to our club. The courts will be reopening on Sunday, 17th May following the Government and LTA guidelines published on 12th May which can be found by following the link below. We recommend that all members take the time to read these carefully.
From Sunday, 17th May, the courts will be available for advance booking via the Court Booking tab on the club’s website.
Our coaches will be offering 1:1 coaching sessions and ‘hitting sessions’ which can be arranged by contacting Peter Cooper on firstname.lastname@example.org
PLAY IS RESTRICTED TO SINGLES OR DOUBLES OF DIFFERING HOUSEHOLDS AS LONG AS 2M DISTANCE IS MAINTAINED, BUT NO GROUP SESSIONS ARE PERMITTED.
Many members belong to e-mail and Whatsapp groups to enable them to contact other members to arrange a game. For any member who is not part of a group but would like to play they should contact the Ladies, Men’s and Inters Captains (contact details given below) and the will endeavour to put you in touch with other members in the same position.
Ladies - Alison Reeves - email@example.com
Mens - Stephen Reeves - firstname.lastname@example.org
Inters - Debbie Cooper email@example.com
Court Booking System
- Courts are available for members only – guest players are not permitted for the time being
- Courts available for booking are 2 to 7. Juniors are only permitted to book courts 2 and 3 with adult members avoiding these courts if others are available
- Sessions are initially set at 1½ hours. Players should vacate the club 10 minutes before the end of their session. This can be adjusted if demand dictates
- Members are currently limited to booking 2 sessions per 7 day period (this will be regularly reviewed and adjusted to cater for demand)
- Only members who have registered with Clubspark and have renewed their 20/21 memberships will be able to book courts. All Senior/Intermediate/U’30/Off Peak/Parent/Junior Invitational members will be able to book courts. Junior members will be contacted shortly about opportunities to play.
- The main gate access code and other important information relating to your booking is given at the foot of your court booking confirmation. Please read this carefully before arriving at the club.
- Juniors are restricted to courts 2 and 3.
- KS3 members are allowed to play with another KS3 member but must be under adult supervision. That adult must be courtside.
- KS1 and KS2 Juniors can only play with an adult member (the adult member must book the court). An adult can be a member of any of the adult membership categories including parent membership (£26). See attached.
- All juniors must read and abide to the guidance that is attached.
- Any queries you have related to junior play should be directed to Peter Cooper – firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Invitational Under 18’s should to abide by the guidance for adult members not junior members.
- Guests are now permitted. No guest can play more than 3 times per tennis year.
- There is a charge of £3 per visit for juniors or £5 for adults.
- Members must advise Millie Stedman if they are bringing in a guest.
- Payment must be made prior to playing by BACS to Reedham Park Sports Club Ltd Sort Code 40-38-10 Account Number 61480170. In order to identify payments, please reference the payment using the members name plus the initials ‘VF‘ (visitor fee).
- Both singles play and doubles play is now permitted with people from outside of your household, as long as you remain 2 metres apart as far as possible – meaning that four people from different households can now play doubles
- Players do not now need to use their own clearly marked tennis balls – however, if you choose to use shared balls then extra care must be taken to ensure you do not touch your face during play, and you should clean your hands before play and immediately after finishing (use alcohol gel if required)
- The Club will operate a 1-way system with entry via the main gate (code to be provided on court booking confirmation). Exiting courts 6-7 via the gate on court 6 and exiting courts 2-5 via the gate on court 5.
- Members are playing at their own risk and are responsible for their own hand sanitising, distancing and equipment We would also recommend using balls which have been ‘quarantined’ for a week in between use. Members should wash or sanitise their hands before entering the club.
- The clubhouse will remain closed – there will be no access to toilets, hand washing facilities, first aid equipment or flood lights
- Members should arrive at the allotted time and go straight to their booked court, should not wait on the clubhouse patio and should vacate the club promptly at the end of their session, take every precaution after touching the court key code and court door handles
- Court nets will be set at the correct height and be checked regularly. The winders and the net measuring sticks have been removed
- All court furniture has been removed
- The general advice to members over 70 and/or with existing health issues is that they should consider their vulnerability very carefully before playing.
For any Questions/Queries/Suggestions
Membership - Millie Stedman - email@example.com
Coaching - Peter Cooper - firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Ladies - Alison Reeves - email@example.com
Senior Men - Stephen Reeves - firstname.lastname@example.org
Intermediates - Debbie Cooper - email@example.com
Website/Facebook - Edward Stedman - firstname.lastname@example.org
Grounds/Courts - Peter Saysell - email@example.com
Clubhouse - Kevin Sellman - firstname.lastname@example.org
General - Gail Reynoldson - email@example.com
16th May 2020
Gail Reynoldson – GC Chair