BOOKING TENNIS COURTS AT RHONDDA LAWN TENNIS CLUB
Once you have joined LTA ClubSpark as a Rhondda LTC member, you will be able to book the courts FREE as part of your Membership Subscription. We have 4 tennis courts available with floodlights and access 24/7, 365 days a year to play whenever you want.
Our court booking system can be used by both members and guests to help manage usage.
Booking Instructions and Rules
You will need to book your courts via our website: www.rhonddatennisclub.org.uk and select the ‘Booking Courts’ tab at the top of the page.
To book your court, simply click on any available time slot and select, from the drop-down menu, the duration of your booking (in 60-minute intervals). You will be prompted to log-in to book. If you do not already have a ClubSpark account, you will have to create one. Once registered, logged in members will see "FREE" option on the booking slots.
- All members have access to book courts up to 14 days in advance and can make up to 14 bookings within this period. Non-Members have 7 days advance booking access and can make 7 bookings within this time period.
- Booking slots are set at 60-minute intervals, with members able to book a maximum of 3 slots per booking (3 hours). Non-members can book 2 slots per booking (2 hours).
Player Information including Guest Fees
- When booking a court, you are REQUIRED to add the names of who you are playing with (participants) and pay guest fees if you are playing with someone who is not a member. There will also be a charge made for each guest of £5 per 60 minutes for the booking which the member pays when booking the court. This will ensure all guests pay for utilising the courts and helps the club supply Track, Trace and Protect information in relation to Covid-19.
- Failure to comply with guest booking rules is considered as defrauding the Club of legitimate income and may result in your membership being cancelled and you being refused member access to the courts.
We are regularly monitoring court bookings and will easy recognise any fraudulent bookings,
- Please DO NOT USE THE MOBILE PHONE BOOKER APP to book courts as it currently does not have the required features for track, trace and protect. Once there is no requirement to record this, we will encourage users to utilise the Booker app.
- You can click here to watch a short video showing how to book a court correctly.
On completion of your booking, you will be sent an email booking confirmation to your Clubspark registered email address which will include your Smart Access Gate PIN Code The code will only allow you access to the courts up to 15 MINUTES BEFORE and DURING the date and time of your booking.
If, after booking, you find that you are no longer able to play, please cancel your booking so that others may use the courts. Please note that members not cancelling bookings when not using the courts could result in a temporary suspension of your membership.
Junior and Cadet Members must be supervised by a ClubSpark Registered responsible adult.
Floodlights & Charges
- Floodlights will be activated 15 minutes BEFORE your booking and remain on until 5 minutes AFTER the end of the session.
- Lights are activated for all bookings made after dusk and before daybreak during the winter period).
- There will be a small charge for all court bookings that use floodlights which will be £2.00 per 60-minute booking for non-members. Members use of the floodlights is FREE.
- With floodlit bookings, if you leave before the end of your booking time, please cancel your booking, as this will switch off the floodlights about 10 minutes later and so save electricity.
Code of Conduct
It is the responsibility of the person booking the court to ensure that the conduct and behaviour of all participants on their booking is always proper and courteous. This includes NOT walking behind players that are playing a game when en route to courts 4, 5 and 6. Please WAIT until their GAME has completed before quickly crossing behind the players. This is standard court etiquette and should be observed at all times.
Any inappropriate actions or damage to club property will be dealt with severely, with future bookings of the responsible member refused, and/or termination of their membership.
In severe cases (e.g., vandalism resulting in damage to property such as nets, fencing or court surfaces, gates, or floodlights) the club will not hesitate to prosecute to recover any losses incurred because of those actions.
Please ensure you are familiar with the following legislation and guidance before you play: