Club reopens under interim guidelines
Tue, 12 May 2020 00:00
UPDATED 9pm 12/05/20
Following the Government's latest guidelines, the club has reopened for singles play only, under specific conditions. This guidance is under regular review and may be revised further. Please also read the LTA's Guidance for Players.
- Please pay your membership for the year, preferably online, before playing. Please let Dave Wraith (Membership Sec) know at email@example.com when you have done this. Pro rata rates are available if you wish to benefit from the reduction previously offered. There is absolutely no judgement and complete confidentiality either way but in the event you are still happy to pay the full amount, in the words of a well known retailer, "Every little helps!"
- If you are not re-joining at all, or planning not to re-join until later in the year, please let Dave know anyway at firstname.lastname@example.org so he doesn't need to contact people unnecessarily.
- There will be no club or "reserved" sessions and play will be singles only. In the event that there are more than 12 people to fill up the six courts, please restrict your play to a maximum of 1 hour on court if others are waiting.
- Due to LTA advice, we are not offering communal club tennis balls. Instead, after paying their subscriptions all adult members will receive a tube of 4 new balls to mark as their own. These can be replaced after a minimum 3 weeks for adults or 5 weeks for junior members. Mini-red, orange or green balls can also be arranged for junior members. All balls should be returned to the hoppers in the club when they are replaced. Additional balls can be purchased from the club if required for £5 a tube, or you can use your own balls if you prefer. To receive your tube of balls, please contact Dennis Rose direct (or via email@example.com) in good time before you play and he will leave a tube with your name on just inside the clubhouse door by 10am the day you're due to play. DON'T FORGET to mark your balls before you play so they can be easily identified on court, and take them away with you afterwards.
- Junior members may also play singles but must be accompanied by a supervising adult please.
- There will be no Saturday Rusty Racquets for the time being.
- There will be no Pay and Play or adult or junior group coaching sessions for the time being. Please contact Head Coach Jen Rose with any questions. - firstname.lastname@example.org . Individual coaching sessions can still be arranged with a coach.
- As with immediately before the lockdown, the clubhouse remains strictly out of bounds.
- Entry to the clubhouse is ONLY to collect or return balls, switch floodlights on and off and for washing hands at the kitchen sink WHICH IS HIGHLY ENCOURAGED on arrival, departure and in between sets. Please bring your own towel to dry your hands.
- The toilets are also out of bounds, please, except in an emergency so please try to "plan accordingly". If you absolutely must use the toilet, PLEASE WASH HANDS BEFORE AND AFTER to eliminate any possible cross contamination of surfaces, door handles etc.
- If you need a chair or refreshments please bring your own and do not use the chairs from the clubhouse.
- Maintain your social distance of a minimum of 2 metres at all times.
- You may play with a visitor if you wish - please come prepared to put the £5 visitor fee in the box in the door. There will be no change available. Please ensure your guest follows these guidelines too.
- Finally, please remember that compared with many other sports, we are very fortunate to be back on court. Please be considerate and respectful to other club members at all times and remember to use common sense. If changes need to be made, we will make them.