Terms and Conditions
- In order to be able to join the Smash Tennis Academy you need to become a member of THAMESIDE TENNIS CLUB (here to join) and the Civil Service Sports Council (here to join)
- Registration for one course should be complete ahead of the course start date
- If the course has started, registration will be accepted only if there is availability with only the proportional part of the price of the course will be charged.
- Payment must be made on registration to ensure a place.
- No reservations will be taken without payment.
- Places are secured on a first come, first served basis.
- Once the maximum number of attendees is reached, a waiting list will be created and potential attendees contacted if the programme is to be extended.
- If the course you have chosen is full you will be contacted when an alternative and suitable course is available.
- Any course might be cancelled by Smash Tennis Academy due to insufficient number of player. Alternatives such as individual lessons or refunds will be provided.
- Courses might split according to ability rather than age. This will be decided by the Head Coach.
- A missed session will not be reimbursed or made up at an alternative date. Please read our Lateness and Cancellation policy.
- Courses will continue in the rain whenever safety is not compromised. If possible, coaches may offer a relevant session on alternative indoor spaces. Please read section 4 - Extreme Weather Conditions of our Lateness and Cancellation policy.
- We reserve the right to align players to the best group for their level and age
- All children booked onto the Junior Tennis courses will be fully supervised during the duration of the lesson.
- For safety reasons, all children booked onto the Junior Programme are not permitted to leave the court without permission from the coach.
- Permission for children to go home alone must be given in writing. If written permission is not received and contact cannot be made with parent / guardian social services will be called and action agreed.
- All players must bring appropriate sport clothes during practice. Please also ensure proper non-marking tennis footwear on court.
- We reserve the right to publish any photographs of our members taken during the course of our tennis lessons, tournaments or leagues.
- Private Individual lessons and Private Group Lessons payable in cash, cheque and bank transfer.
- Junior Programme coaching and Adult Programme Coaching payable by bank transfer only.
Being late to a lesson
- For private group lessons - If one player is late for a lesson, the lesson will not be extended and will end at the scheduled time.
- For private individual lessons - If the player arrives more than 20 minutes late for a lesson without notifying the coach, the coach may leave the premises and the lesson will be charged at full.
Cancelling a lesson
1. Junior squads and adults:
- For a lesson cancellation, if the player notifies the coach before 9am of the day of the lesson, the lesson will be charged and the player will be able to catch up on the lesson on a different day if there is availability in groups of the same level.
- Catch up lessons depend on availability and cannot be guaranteed, although we will try our best to provide a catch up class before the term ends.
- There is a maximum of 2 catch up classes per term.
- For class cancellation due to weather issues, please see our Extreme Weather Conditions section (point 4).
- Should regular or replacement sessions not be attended we won’t be able to issue refunds. The only exception will be critical illnesses where a doctor recommends not to play tennis (proof of medical diagnosis will be needed for full refund).
2. Individual Private lessons:
- For a lesson cancellation, if the player notifies the coach 48hrs in advance the lesson won’t be charged.
- For a lesson cancellation, if the player notifies the coach 24hrs in advance, 50% of the lesson will be charged.
- For a lesson cancellation, if the player notifies on the day of the lesson, full amount of the lesson will be charged.
3. Group Private lessons:
- For private groups, if one individual player cannot make it to the lesson, the class will continue to take place and the individual player won’t be offered a catch up class.
- If the entire group cannot make it to the class or would like to reschedule, the same cancellation policy as for individual private lessons applies.
Extreme Weather Conditions
- Smash Tennis Academy’s services are provided on outdoor tennis courts only. As such, it is possible for prevalent weather conditions to affect the coaching sessions. We will follow the following procedure in the event of extreme weather:
- Firstly, provided that our professional coaches consider the weather and facilities to be safe and conductive to learning and enjoyment, the classes with carry on as normal. This might include conditions of cold and/or light rain so it is important that all players are dressed in appropriate clothing.
- However, if our professional coaches consider that the courts are unplayable or it is not appropriate to continue outdoors we will try to find an alternative indoor space, which we will use to work on coordination and other physical activities due to the impossibility of delivering the tennis lesson.
- As a last resort, if none of the above options are possible, we might have no other choice but to cancel the lesson. No refunds will be provided.
- For cancellations before the lesson is due to start, we will phone the contact number you provide.
- For cancellations when the lesson has started and is interrupted before 30 mins of play, will reschedule the session to the next best suitable slot.
- For cancellations when the lesson has started and is interrupted after 30 mins of play, the lesson will be fully charged and it won’t be rescheduled.
- We will allow players to attend a catch up session as long as there is availability at the same group level. For this we will notify the player on the slots available and the player will need to confirm attendance in advance.