COVID-19 Club Re-opening & Play Instructions
Mon, 01 Jun 2020 00:00
Dear Somerton Tennis Club Members,
Following the government and the LTA reviewing their advice I am writing to report some good news regarding changes made by your committee.
From Wednesday 3rd June at 9am the following changes will take place.
- Both courts can now be used at once
- Either 2 games of singles or I game of doubles and 1 game of singles can take place at any one time.
- However if you feel particularly vulnerable to COVID-19 it will be possible to book both courts at once but only use one of them if you so wish.
- Group coaching of up to 5 players plus the coach will be allowed. Neil and Luke will be in contact with further details.
From Saturday 13th June the buffer period between bookings will be reduced to 10 minutes.
The committee is still not saying it is safe for you to play. It is up to you to make that decision based on your own health and safety assessment.
When using the courts it is still very important you adhere to the strict guidelines we are advising, as laid out below, and as recommended by the LTA.
- All courts to be booked with Wendy in advance (01458 270131, 07788451098, [email protected])
- Clean keypad, key, padlock and anything else contacted with wipes before and after use. The net will now be left permanently in the correct position and the winders will be removed.
- Please take your used wipes and other waste home to dispose of.
- The clubhouse is out of bounds and not to be accessed; no floodlights are in use; only exception is for first aid. All club furniture, such as benches and chairs, must not be used.
- Please bring your own water or other drink.
- You must bring your own hand sanitiser and use it before, during and after your game
- Please respect the 2 metre distancing rule and use marked balls. Please only touch your own marked balls
- Don’t forget to clean everything you touched with wipes on your way out
- No spectators are allowed at the club. So a maximum of 4 people in the club area for singles and 6 for singles and doubles.
Unfortunately the toilets on the recreation ground remain closed, but we hope they will re-open shortly.
These guidelines will be reviewed by the committee around July 4th taking into consideration further government and LTA rulings,
Please be careful but I hope you will feel these relaxations of the guidelines will allow you to further enjoy your tennis!