Fri, 15 May 2020 00:00
As a result of the recent Government and LTA guidance above, we are now in a position where we can make the tennis courts available for use again commencing Saturday 16th May 2020.
All members should read the LTA guidance which must be followed. We have produced the following guidelines, which must be respected and followed to ensure that everyone can stay safe. Please ensure that you read all the LTA guidance so that you fully understand what is required.
1. Access to the courts only, the clubhouse must not be used and remains closed.
2. Players must provide and only use their own tennis balls and rackets. All tennis balls must be marked to identify ownership.
3. Gloves are recommended when serving and balls should only be picked up using the racket or foot and then sent to other players.
4. Players from the same household may play doubles but players from different households may only play singles
5. We don't have a booking system for the courts. So to avoid difficulties members should, if there are others waiting to play, limit there playing time to one hour. If all three courts are in use anyone waiting should remain outside of the club's premises.
6. All members shall have had their membership extended until the 31 August 2020. Membership renewals will be invited during August, the cost of membership will be adjusted to reflect the length of time left in the membership year.
7. Social distancing must be followed at all times.
8. Club social tennis on Monday morning and evening, Wednesday evening and Friday morning will not be possible under current LTA guidance.
9. Jason from "On the Ball" will be starting individual coaching sessions again so please book direct with him
10. It will be the member's responsibility to provide sanitiser and any other protective equipment they may want to use.
11. Please leave the club access gate closed at all times
Any queries please contact the Club Secretary Marian Wrath by email at : [email protected]
We hope that all members appreciate and understand the need for the above guidance and if this is not adhered to then we may be asked to close the courts again. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter and enjoy your tennis!