View court availability to see what's on and plan your next game at St. Mary's.
St Mary’s Tennis Club – Guidelines for restricted play wef May 2020
At all times players should adhere to the Government’s social distancing guidelines – staying at least 2 metres away from each other – and practise public health advice for hygiene.
It is imperative that there is a maximum of 2 people per court – ie singles play only. The only exception is where a group of 4 players are all from the same household when doubles can then be played
The following points, in line with Government and LTA guidance (see https://www.lta.org.uk/globalassets/news/2020/lta-guidance-for-tennis-venues-covid-19pdf ) must be observed by all players
1. You must have booked a court in order to play and only play with other members.
2. Arrive as close as possible to the time that you booked the court.
3. Arrive changed and ready to play
4. Bring all your own equipment, including balls (which you should mark as yours), water to drink, hand sanitiser/wipes
5. Avoid touching surfaces where you can (the nets will be permanently at the right height)
6. Toilet facilities can be used at your own risk. Please use the spray disinfectant provided to wipe down surfaces after your visit.
7. It will be necessary to drag the courts after your session and you should bring gloves for using the dragnets. Gloves should also be used when watering the court.
8. Only members who have booked a court should be at the courts and members should leave promptly at the end of their session
9. Do not make physical contact with other players (no shaking hands, high fives) and if you decide to change ends use opposite sides of the net.
10. Avoid chasing a ball down to another court and avoid using your hands to pick up balls that aren’t yours.
11. The club’s First Aid Kit is now stored in the green shed on, right-hand side.
Follow the Government advice to stay at home if you or someone in your household has or has had symptoms of COVID – 19, or if you have been in contact with someone with the virus.
St Mary’s Tennis Club Committee