Courts at Tilford and Rushmoor Tennis Club
There are two courts available at Tilford and Rushmoor Tennis Club. Both are hard courts and were resurfaced just a few years ago. The surface provides an excellent bounce and is periodically pressure washed and line maintenance performed.
The courts are locked with a combination padlock. Members are supplied with the combination upon joining. The combination is changed annually on 01 May and all paid members are emailed the new number.
Courts do not need to be booked, however if both are in use and more players turn up, you are requested to vacate your court within 30 minutes. Please see the club rules for further information. In addition, there are the following regular sessions:
Every Monday from 14.00-15.00 - Adult coaching using one court
Every Saturday 09.00-11.45 Junior coaching using one court
Every Saturday 12.00-15.00 Coaching using one court
Every Sunday Club Rollup doubles, both courts in use 10.00-13.00. While the Covid restrictions are on its not roll up on the day, instead you will need to book in via the WhatsApp group, Limited numbers. Message Rory on 07970 642260 to be added
COVID-19: RETURN TO RESTRICTED PLAY
4th July 2020
Based on LTA Guidelines
The virus has not gone away and it is paramount that Members remain careful and continue to observe the safety protocols that have been put in place for the benefit of all.
SECTION 1: BEFORE & AFTER PLAY
STAY UP TO DATE
- Be aware guidance can change and restrictions may be reintroduced – ensure you have checked the latest version of the LTA’s guidelines for tennis players on the LTA website click below
BEFORE LEAVING HOME & AFTER YOU RETURN
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds before leaving home to go to the court (or use an alcohol gel if washing hands is not possible)
- Only take the minimum amount of equipment with you that you need to play
- Clean and wipe down your equipment, including racquets and water bottles before and after use
- Bring a full bottle of water and do not share food or drink with others
- Bring your own tennis balls that are clearly marked (e.g. with your own initials)
- Ensure you take all your own belongings with you at the end of the session and do not leave anything on court
TRAVELLING TO & FROM THE COURT
- Sanitise your hands after touching any court gates, fences, benches, etc, and avoid doing so where possible (gates will be left open and the nets locked off at the correct height).
- Arrive as close as possible to when you need to be there
- Be sure to leave the courts 5 minutes before your court time ends so that it is empty for the next players
- Allow players to leave before you enter the court – allowing 2m physical distancing
- If you need to wait please do so away from the courts and clear of the gates
- Arrive ready and changed to play
SECTION 2: DURING PLAY
- Both singles play and doubles play is now permitted with people from outside of your household, as long as you remain one metre plus apart as far as possible – meaning that four people from different households can now play doubles.
- Coached sessions should be limited to groups of no more than 6 people, including the coach(es)
MAINTAIN SOCIAL DISTANCING
- Stay at least 1m away from other players at all times (including during play, when taking breaks and before and after play).
- For doubles, consider agreeing in advance which player will take the shot if a ball travels to the centre of the court
- Do not make physical contact with other players (such as shaking hands or high five)
- Stay on your side of court and avoid changing ends, or agree to change ends at opposite sides of the net
- Avoid chasing the ball down to another court if players are using it
EQUIPMENT & FACILITIES
- Avoid using other equipment such as court-side benches, net handles or court sweepers. Court gates will be left unlocked and the net set & locked to the correct height.
- Where attendance of a parent/guardian (non-participant) is required, or a carer for a disabled player, it is permitted and is not counted as part of the maximum group size of six, but should be off court and limited to one per player where possible, with social distancing strictly observed while watching the sessions
- Hand hygiene is imperative - use alcohol gel to clean your hands after touching a shared surface. We recommend you use your own hand gel.
- If you need to sneeze or cough, do so into a tissue or upper sleeve
- Avoid touching your face
- Some formats of competition will be able to resume, internal singles and doubles box leagues/ladders can be played as long as they adhere to the guidelines in place. The Annual Mixed Doubles Tournament will start on 1st July